“Good food even if it is overpriced.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: A creative play on an All American Favorite. Haute Dogs & Fries offers a fresh take on the family dining experience, serving the same hot dogs found at Boston’s Fenway Park. However, these aren’t your typical ballpark franks. Each hot dog is served hot off the grill on fresh, New England style buns and dressed with fresh toppings such as caramelized onions, sauerkraut, jalapeño peppers, mangoes, and Lionel’s own homemade Chili recipe. Handcut french fries made from Idaho potatoes and sweet potatoes are a specialty at Haute Dogs & Fries.
Purcellville, Virginia
“Good food even if it is overpriced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

You know, for a restaurant to do something like hot dogs they should really do them well. The good news is that they do hot dogs and just about anything that you could eat on a bun VERY well. I was very pleased with my Italian sausage.
We were greeted warmly as we entered and were given a brief explaination of how their menu was listed and we were told about how the menu was just a suggestion and that they would prepare anything to our special order. It seems a little expensive for a hot dog and fries but the serving size was more than I expected.
Definitely worth a visit. But be prepared for music that is a little too loud for a quiet conversation. The atmosphere is obviously for a younger crowd but not too crazy for a family.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Washington, DC
“Review of new Alexandria, VA location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just tried their new Alexandria location on the suggestion of a friend and we loved it! I'm a vegetarian so I normally don't get to enjoy fun places like this but they had a wonderful veggie-dog! With a tart sauerkraut, it really tasted just like the real thing! My husband had a chili dog and also said it was really good. They don't use the same boring hot dog rolls, but instead serve everything on a thick almost french bread pocket that is grilled on both sides. It's delicious and sturdy so it holds up while you eat. We had two hot dogs, a GIANT basket of fries, a few slices of fried dill pickles (yum!), and two drinks for UNDER $20! I don't know where else you get a deal like that, that also tastes so good. We were so happy that my husband went back afterwards for their dessert which is basically a sundae served inside the hot dog bun that's been baked with cinnamon a sugar. It tastes like a warm sundae on top of a cinnabon, and yes, it was as good as it sounds. They were still setting up a little inside, but the decor was bright and inviting and fun, and the people working the counter were so friendly. We will definitely be back!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
near Washington, DC
“great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Is it as bit pricey? Depends on what you want. Most products are locally produced . . . I know a couple of places they get their meat. Organic ice cream, fresh buns. Pets are welcome at the couple of tables outside. Family run. Friendly. Has reminded me of Old Town Alexandria for some time, and the family just opened another restaurant there. I'm told it's going well.

If the customer doesn't want the suggested toppings combinations, by the way, the customer may choose what they like. Items are made to order. Price stays the same. Favorites in my family include the milkshakes, sliders (both lamb and beef), three piece suit, bombshell (AKA Marilyn Monroe), steakhouse dog, and chilimac, and veggie dog. You can get iced tea (green, black, and so on), soft drinks, even a glass of beer or wine, We are regulars there.

At least some of the photos of dogs that decorate the walls are local pets. Part of the theme.

If you want a cheap hotdog and don't care what's in it, I suggest someplace else. If you want what I've described above, then I suggest you visit Haute Dogs!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Saltiest Hot Dog Ever ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Went based on a friend's recommendation. My wife and I both received the saltiest hot dog we've ever eaten. Fries (sweet potato and regular) were so-so at best. Service was slow .... took a long time for a couple of dogs and fries and they weren't busy at all. I would not recommend Haute Dog to anyone ... we''ve eaten better dogs at sports arenas.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charles Town, WV
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Decided to stop in based on wonderful reviews here on trip advisor. I ordered a Chicago "Style" Dog and fries to go (no drink).

The bun was warmer than the dog. The fries were a bit greasy.

It was ok, but nothing I will be rushing back to especially not for $7+