“Old School Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Purcellville, Virginia
“Old School Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've been to the P-ville Family Restaurant 3 or 4 times since moving nearby. Love the old school breakfast! Prices are really fair. It can get crowded on weekend mornings. Waitresses are old fashioned grizzled veterans – often gruff, but hard-working. I havent tried lunch or dinner yet

Visited December 2012

Lovettsville
“Great Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our favorite place to go for a nice, home-cooked meal. Portions are more than generous. The staff is great, my iced tea glass never goes empty. Everything is delicious.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Massachusetts
“Old style family restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Recognizing that this is an old style Americana family restaurant, you will do well to not look at the amount of food and cruft on the floor, or judge the artwork on the walls. Instead, focus on those things that you know they will likely do well: breakfasts, sandwiches, and desserts. The BLT was exactly as it should have been. Their meringue pies were outstanding. The grilled ham and cheese was perfectly gooey and buttery. The service was perfectly acceptable. Not rude, nor overly familiar. Just right.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stephens City, Virginia
“Food reminds me of Grandma, staff does NOT!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I went for breakfast on a Saturday morning and I was impressed that they were so busy, I thought that said something about their food/service. We went in, picked a table to sit at, and waited. A grumpy-looking server came up with no smile, said nothing, placed the menus in front of us and kind of tossed the rolled up silverware onto the table, then stormed off. I work in guest services so as she walked off I couldn't help but say out loud, "oh my gosh, what was that?" My husband then asks what I expected... I don't know, maybe a smile or pleasant conversation. After we got our food, no one ever came back and I had to eventually go to the counter without our ticket where the cashier just asked what we got and while ringing me up, began to complain to one of the servers about the customer she had just rang up.
I just wanted a little professionalism and friendliness, I felt that a place like this would value good old-fashioned service... but they did not. The service was so bad that the fact that the food was good doesn't matter, I will not go back!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
“Lots of food for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Basic, good, old style family restaurant. Plenty to eat for a reasonable amount of money. Definitely not great ambience, but friendly staff and good food ameliorate that.

Visited December 2011