“Nice local eatery” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Purcellville
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
“Nice local eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

Went to Anthony's over the past weekend. Was not real busy so we were served quickly. The menu had a lot of choices for any kind of taste. The food was served hot and the portions were good size. Food was good. We plan on making a return trip and taking relatives there when they visit. Would recommend if you are looking for casual dining.

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Poor Service, Poor Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

Service was slow and the waiter never checked on us after our meals were served so had to get up and ask for condiments ourselves. Both pasta dishes were substandard. Lasagna tasted like it had been frozen and noodles were chewy. Tortellini also tasted frozen and serving size was small (fortunately, as it turns out!). Only dish that was worthy of a positive comment was the Baba Ghanoush. We have dined here before and decided to give it a second chance. We won't be back.

• Visited March 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“A Great Consistent Standby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

This place kinda crept up on my wife and I, the locals talked positively about it but the dated outside appearance left us doubting. We've been going now every few weeks for about 4 years. The quality of the food is consistent Italian/Mediterranean fare with excellent pizzas, Greek salads -and calamari. I wouldn't say it's the best meal in town but it's a great, reasonably priced, constant restaraunt worth going to week after week after week. The service can be disappointing so expect to have to waive down a server for drinks and checks, yet the food is good, if you can get past that you'll enjoy it..

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great local place for an informal meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've been to Anthony's a few times, and each time they are always prompt and well organized. The menu is substantial and has several options to meet any appetite. I particularly enjoy the Antipasto Salad, or the personal pizza at lunch.

Visited January 2015
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Meh, it's not as bad as a box dinner, but at least the service is mediocre.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

I am really mixed about eating here. I've been out on occasions and had great service and decent food. Other times I've been out and well it was better than eating cardboard.
The service is really a crap shoot. Sometimes they are great and professional while other times it feels like the servers are being taken away from watching their soap operas. Don't get here in a hurry, the food is usually slow to come out of the kitchen, not mattering if its the good stuff or not.
Now I will comment on the call ahead take out. This is the only reason I still keep coming back. Almost normally when I order to take out and get the food home it is decent and easier than cooking.
If it's me and the family the good times are decent enough where we'll keep trying here. But if I've got people from out of town or business guests. I avoid here, too much of a crap shoot.

• Visited October 2014