“A Good Suprise” 4 of 5 stars

Enterprise, AL
5 attraction reviews
“A Good Suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great selection, good VA win, and a beautiful setting! I would recommend this highly on your way through VA wine country.

Visited October 2013

Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“The staff were nice ok wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The vineyards were so pretty the staff were so nice the wine was just OK. Was a very nice time. Would go back had a nice time.

Newark, DE
9 attraction reviews
“A must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Absolutely beautiful. The views are stunning, made me want to renew my wedding vows right than and there. The wines are amazing and the staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. Breaux has a big place but has a homey feel, especially when the dog, Cooper, relaxing on the patio. Breaux is on a "list". :)

Visited September 2013
Purcellville, Virginia
“Virginia's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I LOVE visiting Breaux for tastings and events. The friendly staff, world-class wines, detailed organization, efficient service, and gorgeous scenery make this vineyard a must-visit. From a simple pouring to a full-scale event, Breaux never ceases to amaze and delight.

Visited July 2013
Stafford
“Bad customer service / Do not go when they are setting up for a wedding!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I went online one night to decide which winery we would like to visit this past weekend and found Breaux Vineyards to a good choice based on previous ratings for Northern Virginia Wineries. Quick background on my wife and I: We have lived in VA and the DC area for 9 years now and have visited many wineries and wine festivals in the DC / VA area. I would rate our wine tasting experience adequate when it comes to good wine, and customer service. With that said, my wife and I drove and hour and a half to Breaux Vineyards on Saturday September 7, 2013 and arrived around 330pm. We found it to be typically busy for a Saturday and knew that came with weekend visits to most wineries in the area. Upon arrival we noticed a sign which indicated a wedding ceremony would be promptly taking place at 6pm which meant all customers would have to leave by then. We knew there was plenty of time for a wine tasting and picnic, which we typically do every winery we visit. We found the wine tasting bar to be unusually small giving the size of the winery and could already see several couples waiting for a spot at the tasting bar. I made a quick decision giving our time frame to skip the wine tasting and go straight for the best red wine they had for our picnic. While waiting in the cashiers line with my wife and dog we over heard several people say they had an outdoor wine tasting set up with no wait, right outside. I quick grabed my wives hand and scooted outside to find a huge makeshift wine tasting bar set up with almost nobody there. I walked up to the Braeux employee to request, “two wine tastings please.” The gentleman replied, “he was sorry to inform me but the entire outdoor wine tasting bar was reserved for a party of twelve,” that was no where in sight. I looked at my wife and suggested we go back into the winery and wait back inline for that bottle of Virginia red wine we have been craving. Slightly disappointed we entered the winery to find a spot open at the indoor wine tasting bar; “where did everyone go?” Breaux Vineyards some how redeemed itself to our delight as we shifted over to the bar. The young female Breaux employee greeted us and said she would serve us and another couple next to us. After paying $20 (reasonable price) for two wine tastings I informed the female employee “my wife and I would like to only try the reds,” which there was only three to taste. Our wine tasting took about 25 minutes total to try three red wines, which were not described well to us and sampled at a very small portion. The female employee seemed very distracted during our tasting as she discussed her upcoming break with some type of manager in front of us and assisted another couple with a purchase of one bottle of wine, plus 5 minute conversation about some wine club and events. We found the three reds to be OK and not any better then what you can taste anywhere else. Regardless, we finally finished the wine tasting with about an hour and a half to spare to our picnic. My wife and I quickly purchased one bottle of Equation (cheaper of the three reds) because the Merlot and Cab did not meet our expectations based on the $28 dollar price per bottle. My wife and I made our way out to the outdoor area, which seemed to be crowded unless you wanted to sit in the sun on the grass. We found a cozy spot on the side of the winery near the reception building where other families were nested. All was quiet and pleasent as I laid out our blanket and opened some hummus, cheese, crackers and wine. About 5pm we began to see a lot of movement of wedding staff and guests coming in and out of the reception building. I saw what appeared to be a wedding coordinator point to where my wife and I and another couple were picnicking and say, “set that up over there!” As several wedding caterers began stacking up crates of glasses, beer in front of us (directly) I noticed a Breaux employee come over to the couple next to us and say, “ we are setting up for a wedding and you can stay here if you like but there will be tables set up here for the wedding.” I came later to find out that the employee who said this was the “real manager,” but I will get to that in a little bit. The Breaux employee then walked away as a huge table was set up right in front of our blanket blocking our view of the winery and causing a big distraction as my wife and I tried to enjoy the picnic. After watching helplessly for 10 minutes two guys talking Spanish as they set up a makeshift bar 5 feet from our picnic blanket and banging crates of beer and glasses I decided to go and speak with a Breaux Manager to inform them of the issue. I walked back into the wine tasting room and asked to see a manager, which was quickly corralled for me. I politely introduced myself and explained our brief experience we were having at the winery to include the reserved wine tasting table, bad service at the wine tasting bar and now a wedding setting up on top of us outside; and the time was 510pm. I explained to the Breaux Manager (later known as the fake manager) the issue and asked her to come outside to see where the wedding reception was setting up next to our picnic. The first comment as she looked to see where my wife was,” I never seen someone that far back.” Great point but it being a Saturday with not a lot of room in the shade I found our spot to be just, not in anyone’s way and still in in close approximation to the wine tasting room. Maybe this was the manager's first Saturday working there and never realized how many people come on Saturdays? Regardless I outlined several points to our discomfort: 1) If the area we were in was to be used to set up a makeshift outdoor bar then it should have been roped off or posted for wedding only. 2) Being the area we choose to have a picnic was not off limits or unreasonable then the wedding should not conflict with wine tasting customers. 3) If the wedding needed so much room and area to set up in advance conflicting with the wineries hours then Breaux should have not stayed open past 5pm and this would allow a more comfortable environment for all patrons. Well, what came out of the manager’s mouth next was something I heard before but very unacceptable; she said, “What would you like me to do about it?” I replied, “If I have to tell you how to do your job as a manager then you must not know your job at all.” Managers find solutions without rudely asking customers “what do you want me to do about it?” (In my book) Well the manager seemed to not like my comment and then replied, “well we have a $10,000 wedding taking place so I do not know what you want me to do.” I took one look at the manager and said “that if money is what matters around here then do I have to pay $10,000 for you to do something about it?” Again, the manager replied, “I do not know what you want me to do?” I left her with one answer right before I walked away. “Make me a customer who wants to come back and enjoy your winery.” I walked away as the manager sarcastically said, “have a nice day!” (Loud enough so other customers can hear) I came back to wife and explained that I had no success and we were leaving. My wife asked why? I said you heard her sarcastically say, “Have a nice day?” That’s enough for me. As we gathered our belongings folded the blanket and started towards our car I was flanked by another female Breaux employee who said, “Sir, can I help you with something I am the real manager and I should have been the one you should have talked to.” I said to the “real manager” that I had enough of the “fake manager” and “my wife and I are leaving,” regardless of what she had to say. The real manager said “can you please tell me what happened” and I stopped and said that it seems that the only thing around here you guys care about is money and that is why your fake manager told me the wedding cost $10,000 as if that was something I was suppose to yield or submit too.” The real manager’s face had a shocked look as to why the fake manager told me the cost of the wedding. I further explained, “I cannot deal with any employee especially a so called manager who asks what to do from a customer; that shows no true effort to resolve the issue. I started to walk around the real manager and said “we are done with this place” and my wife added that we would be writing this review. Overall, I can tell you as a wine lover I have never had an experience like this at any winery or festival. My wife and I love weddings and would have gladly moved if we were given the proper notice that we were picnicking in a place designated for the wedding. (Which was a customer area) I felt that Breaux Vineyards cared more about making an extra buck by staying open as late as they could and hosting a wedding ceremony to make the most amount of money possible. That right there is the reason my wife and I will never return to this place.

Visited September 2013