“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

333 Effingham Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704 (Formerly Americas Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Portsmouth
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front desk staff was excellent! My check-in was very quick and easy. When I arrived at my room the was room looked great. The wash cloths and towels were folded so fancy. At night it was so peaceful and quiet. I am not sure why this hotel were getting bad reviews but my experience was delightful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Spring Lake, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

Couldn't stay there very nasty people hanging out all over the place big roaches in the tub carpet was wet and I wouldn't let my dog stay in there I told the owner he had roaches and he did nothing sad

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

**************************Don't stay here!!!
I booked June 9th 2014 It's worse than any place I've ever stayed. Figured since near Naval Hospital it would be OK. It took me 3 days to even get a phone in room. Nasty people hookers and it is a hotel the City puts ppl up in. Had to ask for toilet paper everyday rolls cheap. The Faucet on the tub had leaked for so long that the edges were literally jagged. The clincher was my hubby a Marine suffering from severe PTSD-TBI after 5 ppl knocked on door looking for their dealer and hookers getting into vehicle next to our car he freaked made me pack up as he parked the car diagonally in two spots this was @11pm at nite. I intend on filing With the City over the dangerous tub in rm 132.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Don't EVER book this Hotel ! It was loaded with Bugs, DIRTY,Smelly.We reserved a No smoking room.someone had smoked in there before US, Our room was not ready when we checked in.i pulled back the bedspread- the sheets were DIRTY, EVEN a PUBIC hairs on the bottom sheet ..tiny dark bugs were there..THE Pool existed BUT no water in it- it looked like repairs were attempted,rain water in it..NOTHING in the Room but filth,smells and Homeless looking people in the parking lot drinking BEER, a nd watching your EVERY MOVE..BAD Neighborhood..STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!
I rate this place a SUB 0.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL and someone Call the Health Inspector immediately..! This was the Hotel...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Beaufort
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Filthy, urine stains on floor, toilet dirty, crime ridden. I had to dial 911 for another guest getting beat in room above me. Outlets loose and would not hold charger for cell phone. Non smoking room smelled like smoke. Charged me more than advertised. Whole building needs torn down. Lock your doors, disinfect, and get ready to run. Shady characters all over premises.

Stayed February 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I walked in to this hotel. little scary but over all experience was excellence, rooms was very neat and clean. I stayed for 4 nights, but service was good. It exceeded my expectations good ..good...........

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Prince George
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very pleasant owners and staff. A very short walk to all of Old Town Convienient location with. Rooms were fresh clean and grounds were well kept pool sparkled. I would and will deffinently go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverwalk Inn & Suites Portsmouth? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riverwalk Inn & Suites Portsmouth

Address: 333 Effingham Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704 (Formerly Americas Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Portsmouth
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Portsmouth
Welcome to our beautiful property located in southeastern Virginia, only 20 miles to fabulous Virginia Beach. All rooms have park-at-door convenience,a crystal clear outdoor swimming pool, Continental breakfast for additional fee. Our guestrooms features in-room coffemakers, WI-FI, wakeup call service,24 hour/7. microwave and refrigerator,naval hospital at a walking distance, naval shipyard 10 mins from our hotel restrauant at a walking distance, virginia beach 15- 20 mins, ocean breeze 15-20 mins, williamsburg 45 mins Busch garden, Water Country, 45 mins from our hotel, Hampton road 20 mins we have smoking and non smoking, avaliable we have it Full, queen, king and double bed handi cap rooms avaliable. Seasonal Pool Party, Picnic avaliable with grill. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Riverwalk Inn & Suites Portsmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Riverwalk Inn & Suites Portsmouth, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.