The Dinwiddie is a quaint historic hotel with lots of open space in the rooms. The floor plans are nice. Drawbacks: The gym is very small but okay if it's only one or two people working out. The walls are thin so you may hear outside noises which is why I'm sure it's rumored the hotel is haunted.
The kitchenette facilities are well-equipped. They do not serve breakfast so bringing along some goodies to prepare in your room would be a great idea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of downtown Olde Towne Portsmouth, we offer comfortable clean rooms with microwave and refrigerator. The hote offers free parking and WIFI. Starbucks Coffee Available 24 hours in the Lobby! 2 Restaurants/Bars Offering Room Service Just a few blocks from Naval Portsmouth Hospital, Shipyards, and Museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Choice Hotels so you can book your The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel Portsmouth
- The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel And Suites
- Governor Dinwiddie Hotel