Portsmouth has a dearth of decent affordable hotels, the choice is between very expensive waterfront hotels or sleazy strip motels. That makes this the best option under the circumstances. I've rated it average as it really isn't special. I have a hard time thinking of something as historic when it's only a few years older than me. The rooms are average, room lighting is poor, beds are comfortable and it is clean. It is within walking distance of good restaurants which is a plus as parking can be a problem - hotel has its own outdoor parking lot and they give you a dated dashboard pass (one car per room which can be a problem if you are sharing with someone who drives in separately). No breakfast service although the desk clerk recommended the place next door. I didn't try it as I had an early departure and grabbed coffee and yogurt at the McD's just a few blocks away on my way out. There is free Wifi. In future, I wouldn't stay in Portsmouth, I'd stay out in Suffolk or Chesapeake where there are more choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of downtown Olde Towne Portsmouth, we offer comfortable clean rooms with microwave and refrigerator. The hote offers free parking and WIFI. Starbucks Coffee Available 24 hours in the Lobby! 2 Restaurants/Bars Offering Room Service Just a few blocks from Naval Portsmouth Hospital, Shipyards, and Museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel And Suites
- The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel Portsmouth
- Governor Dinwiddie Hotel