Do Not Stay Here!! My husband, 13 month son, and I stayed her during Memorial Day Weekend 2012. They messed up on the room reservation although we had booked 3 months in advance (not just ours but 18 other people) and still tried to tell us that it was our fault. They had an event Saturday night that had outside guest roaming the halls and music that was so loud which was horrible for our son who did not go to sleep until 1 am when the event was over and even after I complained and informed them during the reservation that I had an infant. To top matters off, my husband opened the drawer on Sunday morning to find a LOADED GUN! We called the front desk and reported it and they tried to remove the gun until I said "No Call the police!" We had not only my 13 month old but at least 6 children under the age of 10 playing the room on Saturday and if they had found that gun. Worst is the Hotel told us that they aren't responsible for items that guest leave in rooms. So I guess a gun is O.K. to leave and they could not have cleaned the room. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of downtown Olde Towne Portsmouth, we offer comfortable clean rooms with microwave and refrigerator. The hote offers free parking and WIFI. Starbucks Coffee Available 24 hours in the Lobby! 2 Restaurants/Bars Offering Room Service Just a few blocks from Naval Portsmouth Hospital, Shipyards, and Museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel And Suites
- The Governor Dinwiddie Hotel Portsmouth
- Governor Dinwiddie Hotel