“What a surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lynchburg,VA
“What a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had planned to attend a popular seafood restaurant during our Columbus day weekend trip to Va beach. Thankfully, that restaurant wasnt going to open until late afternoon. We happened upon this restaurant by accident. Initially, the decor did not impress. I am glad that we did not leave...our lunch seafood platter consisted of grilled shrimp, flounder, scallops and a wonderful crab cake. The twice baked potatoes and hushpuppies were to die for! All of this was a mere $9.99!! We decided to try a "small" dessert. The strawberry shortcake and hot fudge sundaes were awesome, not small and cost less than $3! I agree that the waitress wasn't Miss Cogeniality, but the food was great ! I will visit anytime I am in t he area!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ontario, California
“Warm food, chilly atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Was excited to visit a highly recommended restaurant in my childhood town while visiting the area. Arrived a little early, the owner peeked out the window and finally unlocked the door a few minutes early. However, she did not open the door for me nor did she welcome me once I came inside. Our server was stone faced, lacked a sense of humor and seemed like she didn't want to wait on us. this surprised me because she was a young woman and they are usually very friendly. I tried making small talk with her, but it seemed to only annoy her. I purposely watched her and the owner's interaction with other patrons and did not witness the same lack of service that I was getting. The food was just ok. Still can not understand why local family member like this place. Upon leaving, I did ask a few other patrons their opinion regarding the lack of friendliness of the waitress and owner and was told, it's probably because they had not seen me there before. Imagine that!!! Well they won't have to worry about getting to know this face as it won't be visiting there again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth va
“Horrible Server”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The place is old and musty. The booth chairs sticky. Server did not get our order right ...like missed the appetizer altogether. The salmon was not fresh and he did not bother to check if things were ok until we were almost done so we did not even bother ask for the missed order. All we got was "so do you want me to put the order in". no thank you!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Nice place gor lunch if you are in Portsmouth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Had the blacken talapia sweet potato fries with cream of broccoli soup. For less than $10 lunch in a place like that is not bad. My server was on point forgot her name but other severs look like they were having a bad day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“good food good service good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

our second visit and it was great,terrific waiter and food delicious and reasonable priced.gumbo, crabs cakes and great dessert all yummy

• Visited September 2013