“Sunday buffet brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brutti's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 166 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Description: Our dining room has a warm, comfortable feeling as well and you can hear jazz here on weekend nights. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is available six nights a week, so the restaurant serves both business and casual crowds. Our neighborhood bistro offers an upscale menu and delivers great food and friendly surroundings. Outdoor patio, take-out, jazz entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Sunday buffet brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We took a friend who was visiting us to Brutti's Sunday brunch. We had been a few times and always liked it. But it was even better this time. The collard greens melt in your mouth. The carving station's roast beef was very moist and tender - better than I had remembered it. The salads and smoked salmon are a treat. The only fault I could see was that the desserts are not homemade but save room for them because they are delicious. The coconut and chocolates cakes are great. We went early before church let out when it becomes a bit too crowded.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Suffolk, Virginia
“Never even got to the food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

With another couple we made a Sunday brunch reservation at Brutti's. Arriving on time, the place was pretty much full and the only open table had not been bussed. The young hostess said she would "clean it up" and came back in a couple of minutes with a wet towel and wiped down the table, left it absolutely soaking wet, and then placed our silverware and napkins on it. Hmmm. Then one of the ladies in our party excused herself to use the restroom. She came back in less than a minute saying it was closed. Sure enough, the ladies room had a sign on it saying "closed, sorry for the inconvenience" Are you kidding? One of the servers told her she could use the Mens room or "go upstairs" to another bathroom.....which she did and reported back that it was absolutely filthy. By this time we finally got to look at the menu..frankly if you didn't opt for the 20 something dollar brunch buffet, the choices were very limited. That was it, we packed it up at left to go to the Gosport Tavern around the corner which was as good as this place was bad. One more thing....it's dirty..needs an aggressive cleaning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“DON'T EAT THERE...RODENTS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and dined last night for the all you eat pasta bowl. We ordered wine and the endless pasta bowl and salad. Wine came out, pasta came out, salad came out after the pasta. I saw a shadow by my feet. I blew it off as nothing. I took the first bite of my food and saw the shadow again. It was a mouse that had moved closer to me. I pulled my feet up into the booth. My husband asked for the manager. The manager said it was an old building and it was natural to have mice and then he offered to get our check so we could leave. I asked for the owner, Charles. He came out and said the exact same thing, said the building was 150 years old and I should expect a mouse because it was so old and offered to get my check. I told him I wasn't paying for food I had not consumed. He asked us to pay for the wine. My husband paid for the wine and we left. The situation was totally mishandled by the manager and owner. The waitress was the only apologetic person there, bless her heart. The owner never offered an apology. He was smug and rude. I have been a long time customer of Brutti's but I will never eat there again and I will never book him for another catering order!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Would definitely go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good service. Great food. We went for breakfast, and wish we didn't already have plans for lunch and dinner, because we wanted to try those, too!

Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our experience was clearly disappointing and we should have left the restaurant as soon as we arrived. There is an adult club right next door with two bouncers standing directly beside the door to the restaurant which was clue number one. We made a 7 pm reservation since it was a Saturday and it was my daughter's birthday so we wanted it to be special. A reservation was not needed since the restaurant was pretty much empty and the host didn't have our reservation in the book anyway. It took an hour to get our dinners and we were never offered any bread or rolls while we were waiting and there was no acknowledgement of the birthday which we made a point of mentioning and we had presents with us. We will not be back.

• Visited June 2013