“Brutti's Cafe: Rude Staff, Poor Service” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brutti's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 163 restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Description: Our dining room has a warm, comfortable feeling as well and you can hear jazz here on weekend nights. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is available six nights a week, so the restaurant serves both business and casual crowds. Our neighborhood bistro offers an upscale menu and delivers great food and friendly surroundings. Outdoor patio, take-out, jazz entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Brutti's Cafe: Rude Staff, Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you need to provide food for an office function - GO ELSEWHERE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH BRUTTI'S! This place cost me almost an hour of my busy morning and they were very RUDE on top of that.
I placed a pick up catering order with the owner Charles via email to carry into the office the next morning - he called to confirm the order by phone. I went to pick up the order the next morning as we had confirmed, the so called "hostess" immediately informed me "we're closed" when I arrived (as opposed to saying "hello, can I help you?"). I said I was there to pick up a catering order, she let me in, informed a kitchen employee who rudely said in front of me, "I have nothing!" Then both the hostess and cook disappeared, came out a few minutes later to tell me they don't have my order. According to the rude hostess, the owner Charles, whom I spoke with on the phone the night before, never informed them of my order. I told them this is the LAST time I ever deal with Brutti’s and told them what I thought of their service. At that point, I was rude!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Norfolk, VA
“On the downhill slide”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I hope it improves but the last time we went to Brutti's, the service was pathetic and the food was so-so. It used to be one of our favs, but not sure we'll return

Visited March 2012
Norfolk, VA
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Went for Sunday brunch. Lots of choices, average quality, very noise, no ambiance.

Visited December 2011
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Had lunch with coworkers and this is an adorable place to eat. The food was good and portion size was adequate. Cost was reasonable. Service was friendly. (They do have a kid's menu.) There are a variety of burgers, pizza, salads and sandwiches. I will definitely re-visit! (Cost example: I had a cheeseburger with fries and soda $12.49 plus tip.) :)

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk, Virginia, United States
“Horrible Mother's Day Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Arrived ten minutes early for 1pm reservations. Finally seated at 1:30pm. We had a party of ten. Of the ten, one 3-year old, 8-year old and 10-year old. The water and sodas were served in small plastic cups. Refills were not free. We could not order off the menu for the children. The price was $20 for adults and $10 for children. The only responsibility our server had was to keep us in water and soda. For that they added a 20% gratuity. Typically I would not have a problem with this but this was a freaking buffet! The food was average at best with little taste. I've had McDonald's breakfast platters better than this. Our family will not return.

• Visited May 2012