I stayed here with my two teenage daughters for a mom/daughter get away. The hotel lobby is beautiful - the staff is exceptionally friendly - doesn't matter if they are just walking in the hall - they make a point to say hello as well when you walk by their front desk (they truly make you feel welcomed). I was worried because I read someones review about the beds being uncomfortable, but I was quite happy with the comfort of the bed - I felt very cozy with the duvet - loved it!!! I am a frequent traveler and am very picky with hotels and would highly recommend this hotel. The pool was a bit boring due to the fact that it was not too huge and was 3 1/2 feet at one end and 4 1/2 feet at the other - wasn't that big, but did the trick for our stay. It was a bit dirty and a little cool, but when you got in a moved around, you were ok. I think the hotel could use a new hot tub - looked a bit out dated. But the customer service of this hotel made up for it. We were on the 15th floor and had a wonderful view of the water and the boats - the room had a refigerator in it - came in handy a couple times. The bathroom is nice and large. - free internet in the lobby (not in the rooms though). The ferry is right outside the hotel to get to Norfolk, VA, - just a 6 minute ride for $1 a person each way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center