I've stayed at this hotel on many occations, but yesterday, I had a bad experience from beginning to end. After the 1st night, i decided to stay one more night. I booked the reservation, then went downstairs to change my my credit card info. Wow, it was so confusing how they do this "extra charge" for incidentals. Keep in mind, I have been a Marriott rewards member for how long? Yet, there is still this distrust "charge" which makes things so confusing. On top of it all, if you are out of town and they "hold" this money on your credit card, or even worse, your debit card...you are SOL if you think you will have those funds to use while on vacation. You won't see that money for days on your credit card, and sometimes for weeks on your debit card. Anywho, finally everything was straightened out and I went on to try and enjoy my day.
Later that night, I went to the pool. It was a disaster! It was filthy...a total mess. I used the phone inside the pool area to call and let the staff know, and the phone didnt work. So, I went to the fitness room to call from there, and that phone wasn't working. I preceded to get on the elevator and exited on to the 4th floor to call on the ohone by the elevator, and that phone wasnt working. I had to get back on the elevator and go back to my room on the 9th floor. I call the front desk from my room, and I told them about the condition of the pool area, how many times I tried to call but the phones didn't work, and that I needed towels. The lady at the front desk said that she will notify someone. I went back to the pool, and waited. 30 minutes went by and still noone came to clean up or provide towels. That was such a bad customer experience. I love the area, but I don't think that I will ever return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending traditional elegance and modern style, our waterside Norfolk, VA area hotel in the historic downtown district of Olde Towne Portsmouth provides calming comfort and soothing relaxation. The Renaissance Portsmouth hotel boasts a hip location overlooking the vibrant, revitalized waterfront and offers stunning views of the Elizabeth River. Set above the harbor, the Portsmouth Ballroom's unique outdoor terrace, part of the 24,000 square feet of Norfolk area hotel meeting space, provides a stunning reception area sure to draw rave reviews from your guests. This updated luxurious Norfolk, Virginia area hotel also features 23 meeting rooms including a 70-seat Amphitheater. Savor the atmosphere of this waterside hotel in Portsmouth at Foggy Point Bar & Grill, presenting a selection of fresh seafood. Visitors to the area can enjoy the unique experience of taking the nearby water taxi across to many of the Norfolk business and visitor destinations including the Norfolk Naval facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel & Waterfront Portsmouth
- Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel And Waterfront Conference Center