“New Owners Make a Big Difference” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg to your Saves list
Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 N. Main, Pearisburg, VA (Formerly Holiday Motor Lodge)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearisburg
Lexington, Virginia
“New Owners Make a Big Difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Motor Lodge in July as a part of my Appalachian Trail section-hike. This hotel provided everything that a long-distance hiker appreciates...a pool, air conditioning, cable television, on-site laundry facilities and a very helpful staff. The hotel also maintains a hiker bunkroom in addition to the regular rooms.

My room was clean (well, cleaner than camping in the woods) and there was a Food Lion across the street for needed resupply. I highly recommend the Barranca Mexican restaurant. The location is excellent...there is a Chinese all-you-can-eat (AYCE) restaurant, a Dairy Queen, a Pizza Plus, a drug store and Goodwill outlet either across the street or within easy walking distance.

What sets this hotel apart is the friendliness of the new owners. On several occasions, they asked how I liked the facilities and if I had any complaints. One employee even provided the names & phone numbers of persons willing to shuttle me back to the AT.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Holiday Lodge C, Manager at Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We have always held customer service to a high priority and the owners and staff enjoy the company of all the Appalachian Trail hikers. Our motel was built as a destination for the Appalachian Trail community and we try to go above and beyond to accommodate all our guests. We were very happy that you enjoyed your room and the motel hospitality as well as the surrounding businesses of the town. It was an honor and a privilege to have you as a guest with us and wish you all the very best. Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Lodge on your journey.

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Okeechobee, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I walked in and the smell of smoke and mold was overwhelming(and i smoke). I stayed there with my dog seeing as they were the only ones that allowed pets. I stayed for 2 weeks and was ate up with bed bugs! I confronted them and they attempted to fix the problem (only in my room) not in the others. They said they would get me a new mattress and never did. The owner will not lay out the money to keep his guests comfortable, so I have no respect for that behavior! For the rest of the problems... my air condition leaked constantly and worked when it wanted. The shower hardly worked it would shut off in the middle of taking a shower. So I wouldnt advise staying here unless the owners decide to lay out some money to fix the problems so his guests feel respected themselves!!

• Stayed June 2014
Holiday Lodge C, Owner at Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We value all our guests and wish for their stay to be as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Though we understand that issues out of our control do arise from time to time we immediately tend to them.
It is very sad that people would try to destroy the hard work and efforts of people who have gone above and beyond to provide them with outstanding customer service in every way possible; we understand that no matter how hard we try you simply cannot please every person.
Our motel is fumigated monthly by a well-known and outstanding pest control company who sprays the entire motel as a precautionary measure as we have no control over what people may bring with them by no fault of their own, we also treat every room after a long term guest has checked out, again as a precautionary measure.
We do know the reviews made about bug issues were made after the owner was threatened by one of them and the only thing found in the room were flees from a dog in the room, which were treated at our cost by a professional pest control company.
Up-on check out the pest control company came again and found nothing.
It is very sad that people are allowed to submit false reviews to try and bring down a business due to their own personal issues. It is even sadder that people who are looking to stay here have to read false reviews left because someone was seeking money and a free stay.
If all these false accusations were true it makes no sense that we stand at no vacancy nearly every night and have for over a year now.
We have never had the issues that are being described in the bad reviews. Some of these reviews we know have been made by disgruntled people who we are aware of and through no fault of our own have chosen this course of action after being asked to leave our property because they approached the owners son (a Kid) with verbal threats toward his father while outside the motel property .
The Holiday Lodge has always put our guests comfort above all else and in doing so we stand on our own as one of the most friendly motels in the county. We do apologize for the untrue reviews but freedom of speech is just that, no matter if it is correct or not. We wish all of you a very safe and blessed day.

Travelers are raving about these Pearisburg hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

It was horrendous. Cigarette burns on the sheets, inexplicable stains on the walls, a brown ring around the bathtub (which didn't drain). We requested a non smoking room but I don't believe that exists at the Holiday Motor Lodge. Even worse, we had friends that stayed there a week later and they got bedbugs. I get chills now when I think of that place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Greenville, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

As a former resident and employee of Holiday Lodge,(Before the new owners). I can tell you that the place shows 100% improvement, and they are still working to make it better!! These new owners are some of the nicest hard working people I have ever meet. The staff there are very kind and willing to help the customers in any way they can. I read some of the other reviews and frankly most of the bad stuff was lies..plain lies!! It was not a good place for a long time but now things there are different. I am very comfortable staying there and taking my grand children there also. I also was manager at the Plaza and I can tell you that half their stuff don't work, the rooms are smaller with no carpeting. No matter what you do you can't please everyone, but I know for a fact that the people at the Holiday do the best job they can!! It makes me angry to see some of the things that were said about this place, when I know the truth. And that is this is a great motel in a great little town full of good people!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am not sure where the previous person stayed but from the comment, they could not have stayed at this place. I stayed for 2 weeks in June 2013 while visiting family and friends and it was wonderful. The pool was clean and I was allowed to dip in after dark when it was warm. My room was clean and the housekeeper was very friendly. Not sure as to the dirt or mold, my room had new carpet, curtains, bed and I think furnishings. The people working there were busy, busy remolding but stopped to help when I needed anything. I came to write a review of my stay and was quite surprised to see anything negative. This, in my personal opinion was a little treasure. I remember how it was years ago as I grew up in Giles County before Moving to Utah. These new people took over I was told last year and I can say it is 100 percent improved. Before it was like the review, a place where you were scared to be and was nasty and drug infested, but I find it hard to believe we stayed at the same motel now. I just wanted to say, this place is great and I would very much recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 37, it was a great room with a king bed and deck.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Unless you are an AT Hiker who is 1. Completely exhausted and can sleep through constant noise 2. Have a sleeping bag/liner you can sleep in on top of the bed 3. Don't mind sharing the property with "parolee," bumpkin residents and 4. Non allergic to smoke, mold, fungus, vermin, etc. then don't stay here.

Apparently this property is under new management and has hired someone to enact repairs however, by now they could have actually cleaned the rooms and sheets and commenced greatly needed small changes to make this place habitable. Unless they do a complete renovation of all rooms, the grounds, and kick out the long term Pabst Blue Ribbon guzzling, pit bull parolee, derelict residents then this place will never be habitable.

Fear factors:
-The sheets on both of our double beds were stained with blood spots and the floor was filthy. We slept on top of our beds in sleeping bag liners
-The wooden frame for my bed was broke in half so the mattress sagged as if I was sleeping in a bean bag chair
-A previous resident had left food in the mini fridge and the room cleaner apparently unplugged the fridge so we had to clear out smelly rotting food
-Despite being a non-smoking room, the room clearly reeked of smoke
-Constant noise from other guests throughout the night. We were awoken and frightened with a large bang in the middle of the night which we believe was caused by one of the colorful long term residents drunkenly running into (or being thrown into) our door

The upside:
-The office staff were polite and helpful
-We were unintentionally entertained by one of the local residents - there are many who live here - who regaled us with tales of his multiple felony arrests and general shenanigans. My favorite line "I used to love that Raspberry Vodka but I found I was allergic to it. Kept waking up in silver bracelets" (referring to handcuffs). Wow.

Left me scratching my head:
-The lobby offers a tanning salon. Not sure where to go with this one....

Try the Plaza if you must stay in Pearisburg. The previously only other choice, the Rendezvous Hotel, burnt down several months ago while Mr. Felony was living there (yes, we heard that story as well).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Lodge C, Manager at Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
It is our goal, not only to provide friendly customer service to all our guests, but also to provide respect for all people who have chosen our motel as their destination. Holiday lodge was built in 1962 and was, for the first time since, sold to new owners in September of 2012. we are very familiar with the fact that this motel came with issues and in need of such repairs, that is why this motel was chosen and purchased by the new owners, with the knowledge they would be able to restore it to its former glory while adding modern renovation, amenities and up-dates to the entire property, they took the challenge. As for the review, it is a fabrication of a wonderful imagination and in no way reflects any conditions at our motel. We do apologize that he feels this way after we tried in every way to make him happy and comfortable, we do understand that it is impossible to please everyone as do we understand some people are just not happy no matter what you do for them. They have the right to say what they would like about any place whether it is true or not, however when the renovations are complete we will be very, very happy to have him here again. We care about all our customers and want their stay at the holiday lodge to be comfortable, relaxing and affordable and are looking forward to completing all the renovations so our guests will enjoy all our hard work during their stay with us. Respectfully, motel management

Been to Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg? Share your experiences!