“Wouldn't stay any place else in Giles” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg to your Saves list
Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 N. Main, Pearisburg, VA (Formerly Holiday Motor Lodge)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Pearisburg
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wouldn't stay any place else in Giles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am not sure where the previous person stayed but from the comment, they could not have stayed at this place. I stayed for 2 weeks in June 2013 while visiting family and friends and it was wonderful. The pool was clean and I was allowed to dip in after dark when it was warm. My room was clean and the housekeeper was very friendly. Not sure as to the dirt or mold, my room had new carpet, curtains, bed and I think furnishings. The people working there were busy, busy remolding but stopped to help when I needed anything. I came to write a review of my stay and was quite surprised to see anything negative. This, in my personal opinion was a little treasure. I remember how it was years ago as I grew up in Giles County before Moving to Utah. These new people took over I was told last year and I can say it is 100 percent improved. Before it was like the review, a place where you were scared to be and was nasty and drug infested, but I find it hard to believe we stayed at the same motel now. I just wanted to say, this place is great and I would very much recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 37, it was a great room with a king bed and deck.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Unless you are an AT Hiker who is 1. Completely exhausted and can sleep through constant noise 2. Have a sleeping bag/liner you can sleep in on top of the bed 3. Don't mind sharing the property with "parolee," bumpkin residents and 4. Non allergic to smoke, mold, fungus, vermin, etc. then don't stay here.

Apparently this property is under new management and has hired someone to enact repairs however, by now they could have actually cleaned the rooms and sheets and commenced greatly needed small changes to make this place habitable. Unless they do a complete renovation of all rooms, the grounds, and kick out the long term Pabst Blue Ribbon guzzling, pit bull parolee, derelict residents then this place will never be habitable.

Fear factors:
-The sheets on both of our double beds were stained with blood spots and the floor was filthy. We slept on top of our beds in sleeping bag liners
-The wooden frame for my bed was broke in half so the mattress sagged as if I was sleeping in a bean bag chair
-A previous resident had left food in the mini fridge and the room cleaner apparently unplugged the fridge so we had to clear out smelly rotting food
-Despite being a non-smoking room, the room clearly reeked of smoke
-Constant noise from other guests throughout the night. We were awoken and frightened with a large bang in the middle of the night which we believe was caused by one of the colorful long term residents drunkenly running into (or being thrown into) our door

The upside:
-The office staff were polite and helpful
-We were unintentionally entertained by one of the local residents - there are many who live here - who regaled us with tales of his multiple felony arrests and general shenanigans. My favorite line "I used to love that Raspberry Vodka but I found I was allergic to it. Kept waking up in silver bracelets" (referring to handcuffs). Wow.

Left me scratching my head:
-The lobby offers a tanning salon. Not sure where to go with this one....

Try the Plaza if you must stay in Pearisburg. The previously only other choice, the Rendezvous Hotel, burnt down several months ago while Mr. Felony was living there (yes, we heard that story as well).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Lodge C, Manager at Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
It is our goal, not only to provide friendly customer service to all our guests, but also to provide respect for all people who have chosen our motel as their destination. Holiday lodge was built in 1962 and was, for the first time since, sold to new owners in September of 2012. we are very familiar with the fact that this motel came with issues and in need of such repairs, that is why this motel was chosen and purchased by the new owners, with the knowledge they would be able to restore it to its former glory while adding modern renovation, amenities and up-dates to the entire property, they took the challenge. As for the review, it is a fabrication of a wonderful imagination and in no way reflects any conditions at our motel. We do apologize that he feels this way after we tried in every way to make him happy and comfortable, we do understand that it is impossible to please everyone as do we understand some people are just not happy no matter what you do for them. They have the right to say what they would like about any place whether it is true or not, however when the renovations are complete we will be very, very happy to have him here again. We care about all our customers and want their stay at the holiday lodge to be comfortable, relaxing and affordable and are looking forward to completing all the renovations so our guests will enjoy all our hard work during their stay with us. Respectfully, motel management

Been to Holiday Motor Lodge Pearisburg? Share your experiences!