My wife and I spent a night at the Inn to check out their restaurant before their chef (Tarver at the time) changed jobs. We booked a room on the second floor of the school house building. It was large and had a porch overlooking rolling hills. Before dinner, we took a nice walk along the quiet country roads around the Inn. The dinner was great - creative food and fine service. Breakfast the next morning was also quite good. We look forward to seeing how things have changed with their new chef. The room was fine, but there are a couple of design features we did not like. It had some high windows without curtains. You can expect an early wake up from the sun on a summer morning. The room also involved a couple of steps down from the bedroom to the area that had the bathroom. We will try a different room on our next visit.
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less