I was looking for a place with an intent to leave behind the stresses of work, politics, international upheaval and my kids. The Ashby Inn is the place to go. Rooms are comfortable, some without tv, though internet is available. We chose no phone, no tv, no internet. What a delight! The cuisine is beyond good. Just excellent. The drinks, the wine, the atmosphere is sublime. Service worthy of more than a 20 percent tip. The breakfasts, included, were excellent. Do this place!
- Also Known As:
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel Paris
- The Ashby Inn & Restaurant Hotel
- The Ashby Inn And Restaurant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at a crossroads of both time and location, The Ashby Inn & Restaurant exists as a tenant to history while offering a place for guests to dine and rest amidst the beauty and tranquility of the Virginia countryside. Situated at the cross-section of routes fifty and seventeen in the charming village of Paris, the inn includes ten guest accommodations on three acres of landscaped grounds that provide a view of Paris Mountain, Ashby Gap and Sky Meadows State Park. The restaurant prepares breakfast daily for all inn guests and is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and for brunch and dinner on Sunday. The Ashby serves as a pastoral setting for weddings, special events, and retreats. Guests of the inn find no shortage of activities in the area to fill their time, including antiquing, bird watching, cycling, hiking, reading, shopping, and wine tasting. ... more less