“Best pizza ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Welsh, LA
“Best pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was at the Black Olive the day they opened and many days since. By far the most unique and best pizza I've ever had. Love the owners and the staff. They make you feel like you're home.

I am not sure about now but back in the day, Black olive didn't have "black olives" as a choice on the menu. Not good if that's the only way your 3 year old will eat pizza. But, they were very cool about us bringing our own.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Napier, New Zealand
“Wedding anniversary night out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I were having a few days in Northland for our wedding anniversary.We went to the blackolive restaurant for our anniversary.My rolled chicken was lovely but my husband had steak and could not eat it as it was full of gristle.We told the waitress but she did not come back to our table.When we got up to leave and pay we mentioned it again and the chef came out.She said oh yes we were not happy with that meat when it arrived.I said well why did you use it and her answer was we did not have anything else.We did paid the full amount with no apologies from them.I would not recommend this place.Look around and ask locals for advise.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Quantity not Quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We ordered a sea food platter for the entree the prawns were over cooked, fish, mussels,squid were tasty.

Bread selection was ok bread tasty but dips a let down.

For main we ordered steak. It was full fat which I don't expect with eye fillet. They also need to rest their meet.

We had a lovely waitress. But I don't think it's a good look when you go to leave a restaurant and see all the kitchen staff sitting outside smoking. YUCK!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, New Zealand
“New Orleans......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Outstanding Pizza bread as a starter, followed by easily the yummiest pizza i've ever tasted! Who thought of nuts, yoghurt and banana on a pizza is a god send!
Lovely staff and quick service. Did have to wait for a table so will make a reservation next time!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Zealand
“Great food variety a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have eaten takeaway Black Olive pizzas for years, but last night was my first time for dining in. All the pizza varieties were there, but I was surprised to find a small but comprehensive range of other mains on offer. My rolled roast chicken was really great, with an intriguing range of flavours - it was stuffed with spinach, pinenuts & blue cheese and served on a pumpkin & feta salad. Recommended.

• Visited September 2012