“Very nice camping” 4 of 5 stars

23 Aranga Road, Kerikeri 0230, New Zealand   |
Epe, The Netherlands
“Very nice camping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been here for 10 days. The camping has a very nice view to the river that behind it. You can get a lifejacket and peddle from the reception and go kayaking (for free) on the river. The owner is very nice and helpful. He makes you feel very welcome. You can book different excursions via the camping. If you are looking for temporary work, this is the camping for you!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waikato, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I hesitated before writing this review. I have stayed in the apartments here in the past and loved it - nice staff and great location. This time, perhaps by my mistake in booking, we ended up in "The Flat", a cabin with its own bathroom that sleeps 6 (we were booking for 5 you see). Things didn't start well as the outside light bulb was blown, and I tripped on the rough brick steps. Inside it was freezing cold, but there were two heaters (though only one worked, and another light bulb was blown too). Little or no insulation apparently. And while bedding for 6 was provided, only towels for 4 it seemed. It was late at night so we persevered. In the morning I took my youngest daughter to the playground - which looked very tired and a bit unsafe.

None of this was worth complaining about.

My teenage daughter dropped the keys off, and in her excitement pulled the large sliding door at reception too hard. I came in from the car because the lady at reception was waving to me, and got a verbal barrage -- "what was her problem, why did she slam the door!". I thought that the lady had sworn and said that I didn't think like it -- at which point the man nearby started abusing me as well: "there are two of us here so you must be hearing things", and "your daughter's attitude doesn't belong at our camp".

All I can say is, we could forgive the room but not that response, and so we won't be back and neither will our friends.

Room Tip: Drive down the road...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This holiday park is definitely recommended! If you are 5 it will be very handy, it has everything you need. Good beds, usefull kitchen, enough space, good shower, quite location, near kerikeri center. There is a pizza restaurant up the street where you can buy great pizzas, better than the pizza hut ones. We stayed over in the cabins, we arrrived very late, around 10pm ans they served us verry well, because we had called juste earlier to tell them that we were coming. It is as cheap as a backpack! in the end it was the best choice we made during our trip up north.

(FRENCH)
Je vous recommande ce motel, si vous êtes 5 c'est parfait. Il y a tout ce qu'il faut. De bons lits, cuisine encore bien équipé avec plaques, micro onde, frigo moyen, pleins d'ustensiles, une bonne douche, et bien situé, proche de la nature. Vous pouvez aller chercher une pizza dans le resto en haut de la rue, elles sont très bonnes, meilleur qu'au pizza hut. Nous étions arrivé très tard, en appelant à l'avance qu'on arrivait tard et ils nous ont très bien accueillis. C'est vraiment pas cher, autant qu'un backpack si a 5 dans la chambre de 5-6 et de bonne qualité et propre.

Room Tip: Choose the cabins, if you are 5 people, that are a bit down the road of the accomodations to have a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a few nights in here in a campervan. Site very nice but (as others have mentioned) the showers (not hot) and kitchen facilities (toasters not working) were bit of a let down.
We found it within easy walking distance to old Stone Store, Parrot Place and other sites down the hill.

• Stayed July 2013
Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Two of us spent 3 nights at this accommodation and I have to say that the holiday park was brilliant. The manager made us very welcome - nothing was a problem and I throughly enjoyed the scenic view from our balcony plus the magnificently kept grounds. Gorgeous flowering shrubs and trees. It's only a fews minutes from the main town and the shuttle bus picked us up for the trip to the airport. A great family venue and the rooms were nice and clean. Good price and easily booked with fantastic communication.

Room Tip: we used the twin room with balcony
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We as a couple stayed in a tent for 1 week. The surrondings were beautiful waking up to the sound of the birds and the rushing river. To open the tent door to be greeted my the smell of raw sewerage. How yuk very disappointed. And now for the showers if your looking for a cold shower with no pressure then this is the place for you. The owners of the park at the reception didnt care when we fronted them about the issues we had. They are just hungry for your money. When we asked for a refund for the night paided for and were leaving because of the rudeness of the people and the smell and the shower we got told no and they pointed at a sign says no refunds between the hours on the sign. So good luck with your stay with them and shame on the owners [--]!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Reading, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The booking was handled professionally and promptly and, after an exchange of friendly emails, I knew before we arrived that the holiday park was going to be a cut above the average. I was not disappointed. We arrived in our camper van to a warm reception from Louise and her family. It was as if she had known me for years! Our site was in a secluded grassy area: as if we were in our own little private garden. The facilities block was clean at all times, well-maintained and the showers had free, unlimited hot water. The kitchen was enormous with plenty of stoves, sinks, fridge space and everything you could wish for. There was a games room with table tennis and a small playground for children. My partner and I particularly appreciated the peace and quiet in this holiday park. The holiday park team also arranged for us a coach tour to Cape Rienga which I would recommend highly. The pick up and drop off is right at the holiday park reception, so you don't have to go anywhere. I would definitely return here. Cannot fault in any way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kerikeri Holiday Park & Motels? Share your experiences!