“An absolute gem - not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
York, United Kingdom
“An absolute gem - not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant as we were travelling around New Zealand with friends on the recommendation of the guest house owners we stayed with whilst in Keri Keri. The ambience and service were first class and the food was stunning and well worth the money we paid.

• Visited March 2011

York, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were visiting friends in Kerikeri and the Peartree was recommended. It certainly didn't disappoint. The location overlooking the water and the Stone Store added to the experience.
The menu offered variety of food and price.The staff were friendly and welcoming.
The souffle and scollops with belly pork are highly recommended.Our dessert of the tasting plate was a perfect end to the evening. Next time we are in Kerikeri we will definitely eat there again

• Visited July 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fabulous, you must try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I visited the restaurant when we were in Keri Keri visiting family. I had the Cheese Souffle which was light & delicious, followed by the grilled tiger prawns with pork belly which was superb. My husband tried the Squid which he raved about and then the rack of lamb which was really tender and the rosti was lovely. My brother tried the mussels and duck again was pleased, my sister in law had the fish pie which she really enjoyed. The choice of drinks and wine were good, portion sizes were great although we couldn't squeeze in desert because we were full! Service was good, views were nice & I was very happy with the experience, we went back for breakfast 2 days later beczuse we enjoyed it so much & we all had either the Cooked Breakfast & Eggs Benedict which again was yummy.

• Visited July 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Spear me The Pear Tree”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

While recently in Kerikeri I dined at "The Pear Tree". The service was very poor and it felt like we were rushed to make a decision on what to have, my dining companion also felt he had little or no time in which to read the menu and were disappointed as to what is shown on the web site.
The meals arrived and found them to be very ordinary, something I might cook at home, the Thai Red curry was disappointing, quite bland to what I was expecting.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
kerikeri
“Valentines Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We had a wonderful Valentines night at 'The Pear Tree'
We decided on the Tasting menu which was a delight in every way to the taste buds. We couldnt fault anything and this was the first time I can honestly say that for any restaurant we have ever visited. The staff are charming and the spot is perfect looking over the Kerikeri inlet.

• Visited February 2011