“Not one to be missed!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 75 Activities in Bay of Islands
Type: Tours, Adventure
Wellington, New Zealand
“Not one to be missed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This sailing trip was organised by a friend as a wedding gift, we couldn't of asked for a better day! Glen was a awesome skipper and had good knowledge of the surrounding area. We went to a sheltered island where we were able to kayak, snorkel, swim and explore the island. Glen provided a nice healthy lunch before the journey home. During the trip back we were able to sail the yacht ourselves. A most enjoyable day! Thanks Glen.

Sam & Jenna

Hohenhameln, Germany
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My sailing trip on "She´s a lady" was an amazing adventure on the water. Our Skipper Dave was really funny and experienced. Everyone had the possibility to drive the boat and help with the sailing! It was my first sailing trip but won´t be the last! After snorkeling, kayaking and hikting on a beautiful remote island we had some lunch with a stunning view over the bay. All in all I had an amazing experience I will not forget! Thank you guys

Visited March 2014
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

An incredible day out on the boat with Glen. It was such a relaxing experience and there were kayaks and snorkel gear which we were able to use. Glen prepared a nice, fresh picnic lunch and even let us help out with the sailing portion. The small ship allowed for a more intimate experience, unlike the more crowded tour boats. A perfect day in the bay of islands!

Dorking, United Kingdom
“Perfect day in the bay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had an amazing day seeing the Bay of Islands on 'She's a Lady'! Glen the skipper was awesome; a perfect host and really knowledgeable about the bay, it's islands and all the creatures that call it home. We saw lots of seabirds diving into the beautiful blue water and an unforgettable pod of bottlenose dolphins who were jumping, splashing and playing, so close to the boat. You almost felt you were swimming along with them as they swam right under the bow. Unbelievable! I got to help sailing the yacht, which was great fun, and I felt so confident under Glens friendly direction. if you want you can just sit back and relax with the warm sun on your face and a gentle breeze through your hair. We stopped at a perfect island, literally just like being in paradise, with lush green bush and calm turquoise water. We could snorkel, kayak, swim and hike. I walked up the hill to a lookout where I was met with a stunning panorama of the surrounding islands and bay. Then I took snorkelling gear in one of the kayak's and paddled around the island until I found a perfect little spot for a dip. Divine! We were provided with a delicious freshly prepared lunch on board. This is a brilliant trip, and the perfect way to see the bay of islands even if you only have one day. Probably the best trip I've done during my time in New Zealand!

Visited February 2014
“Most lovely Sailing Trip in the Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Had an amazing day on the She's a Lady! Although there were only three guests on the ship, including myself, the skipper was friendly and motivated to make this an unforgetable day. We a could all help sailing and we learned a lot about the various islands and the Bay itself. During the island stop, we could go kayaking, snorkeling and hiking and still had plenty of time to have a nice lunch. A really tasty sandwhich, made to our preferences, fresh fruit, biskuits and drinks.
All in all, this trip is a must, if you are ever in the bay!