We stayed in the Manhattan suite – it’s at the rear of the hotel so away from street noise and it receives great sun on its balcony.
The location is tops – right in the square. The décor is very nice.
We probably wouldn’t stay here again. The hotel is unattended and, possibly as a reflection of that, felt a little tired:
- the room seemed like it was cleaned well in advance of our stay – insects and dust on window ledges, mould at bottom of windows, dirty entry / foyer on arrival;
- the shower curtains had pink mould on the bottom of them;
- the shower curtains were not effective – we couldn’t contain the water to within the curtains;
- the bath looked old – it was chipped with water stains;
- there were old stains on the bed covers.
Car parking is available at the back of the hotel. But, on our arrival at about 130pm, the car park was full. After about 10 minutes a park came free - our impression was that, during the day, the car park is not full with guests’ cars but is instead used by Martinborough locals as convenient parking for the shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Petit Hotel is a delightful turn of the century Victorian property close to the square in the heart of picturesque Martinborough Wine Village. The hotel provides boutique accommodation with just four rooms each tastefully and luxuriously decorated in separate themes. ... more less