“Everything was spot on for our most enjoyable stay in Martinborough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bordeaux on Cologne

You added Bordeaux on Cologne to your Saves list
Bordeaux on Cologne
24 Cologne St, Martinborough 5711, New Zealand   |
“Everything was spot on for our most enjoyable stay in Martinborough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Shannon and Terry provide a great place to stay with everything you need to be able to be comfortable and cater for your self as we did for our three night stay . Shannon sent an email with all the required details when we booked by phone and she welcomed us on arrival. Everything was spot on for our stay in Martinborough. Thank you and we hope to return someday. Di and Greg Adelaide

• Stayed February 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Really impressed with house. Liked especially flexible sleeping beds as we were all singles great not having to share a bed, loads of towels & flannels, spa fantastic, provisions great, brilliant location, having bikes as part of rental real bonus.

One suggestion in front bedroom on right when looking out to road, curtain quite light consider backing for longer darker sleep in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked the house at 28 Cologne Street and two of the apartments for a family reunion and 70th birthday party. The house was very well stocked with breakfast provisions and plenty of crockery for a dinner party. The kids enjoyed playing in the garden and we all had a very relaxed and peaceful time. This was definitely a good choice of place to stay and suited our party perfectly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I can't speak highly enough about the house, the rooms, the service and the comfort. The rooms are well appointed, the kitchen area is clean and well provisioned, as is the deck and BBQ.

Many thanks Shannon, we will be back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed in one of the beautiful apartments last week and to say it is perfect is no exaggeration. The lovely spa bath, the great TV and sound system and the very comfortable bed made for a fantastic break away for my partner and I. I would recommend it to anyone who wants the best in town! Can't wait to go back again, and again, and again.

Room Tip: I noticed that there is an apartment set up for disabled people as well, although we did not use thi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I will say the accomodation was reasonably good...however ....Quite simply the worst treatment and experience I've had in 25 years of travel.

The owner was late sending me the booking form, I paid 50% - as the booking form advised me to, I called to say I would not be checking in until early evening, I was told there is no reception anyway and from some of the comments on this site even if she does meet you she's often late.

She then called me three times on my mobile two missed 'unknown' tagged calls I thought I'd better answer the third time - this is on route to the destination - she advised I had not paid 100% of the account and continued to hassle me about getting the balance of payment - for goodness sake I was staying three days, we had plenty of opportunity to sort it and the 50% paid clearly took me into an over payment for the first night!

I did say flag it, I'll stay elsewhere but she put the phone down on me, insult to injury when I arrived there was a note telling me I'd made her feel bad, who cares would be the obvious answer, checked out next day with the self indulged narcissistic owner telling me she was not going to come to me I would need to travel to her gym down the road to get the balance owed to me.

I really should have left her a note telling her she had made my holiday in Martinborough an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BordeauxOnCologne, Owner at Bordeaux on Cologne, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
This guest fails to mention that we filed a report with the local police for malicious physical damage to the property he stayed in - the BBQ gas bottle & knobs were left on full (even though he hadn't actually cooked on the BBQ), the outside hose and lock box face plate were stolen (later returned after a phone call from the local policeman), and a metal wire casing was kicked and dented on his way out for good measure. The properties are self-contained and self-check in, so (as for the other homestays we run in Martinborough) we are often not on site, and therefore require pre payment and give an access code for entry - this is all very clear in the booking form. This guest paid his deposit and accepted these terms and conditions, then took offence to a phone call asking when he'd like to meet and settle his balance! His manner was abusive, and after check out his phone manner caused me to fear being alone face to face with him, as it turns out quite rightly so. This guest has anger management issues, and female staff should be wary. When identified to the police, this man was known.
wanganui
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We wanted a comfortable and affordable long weekend away in Martinborough, and thats what we got with Bordeaux on Cologne. We booked online but on arrival had to contact the hosts to inform them of our arrival and to meet us and show us in. The units are self contained and look a little bland from the outside, but inside are very modern and comfy. Everything was clean and bright and inviting. each unit has a deck and are very private and quiet. The bathroom has a spa bath with overhead shower but unfortunately was impossible to keep water off the floor when using the shower.
The big plus for this place is the proximity to the town centre and wineries. All within walking or easy cycling distance.
Overall it was an enjoyable weekend. Thanks Terry and Shannon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bordeaux on Cologne? Share your experiences!