“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough

You added Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   The Esplanade, Scarborough, Stirling, Western Australia 6019, Australia (Formerly Rendezvous Observation City Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scarborough
Cloverdale
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for a couple of nights to get away from it all and we were both amazed by how great this hotel is. We stayed in a Rendezvous club room on the 25th floor and the view was spectacular. The perks included with the club rooms was very nice as well.
The beds are comfortable, rooms very quiet, food is amazing, location is perfect everything about this property leaves us wanting more.
The other facilities in the hotel are just as amazing, including the pool area where we spent an afternoon relaxing away from the crowds on the beach.
There is also a nicely equipped gym, underground parking, and wifi included in the hotel.
I would not hesitate to spend more time here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Emilio F, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Drunkgordon,

I am so pleased to hear that your recent stay with us was such a pleasant experience,

The guest rooms have recently been refurbished, as well as the Club Lounge that you had access to during your stay in a Club Room. I am happy to hear that you appreciated the room as well as the facilities that we provide to our guests.

I shall pass on your kind words to our team. Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel and we hope to have you with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Geraldton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were only in Perth for 3 nights but our stay here was more than adequate for our needs of seeing the sights around Scarborough/Hillarys. The hotel also offered many means of food with the restaurant, bar as well as dome. Only a short walk from other food outlets also.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The Rendz Hotel at Scarbs is gr8 the people at the front desk are very helpful for our stay. The Main entrance is most presentable with a water feature and nice seating. We stayed on level 12 which is really 5 levels up from Ground level but the ceilings on Ground and Lobby are quite tall so you we got a nice side view of the peninsular , swimming pool, water fountain feature, tennis court and Shell petrol station and views of the West Coast Highway. The room 1220 featured two double beds, a largish LCD with all the digitals, and a few foxtel channels, 2 Sofa chairs, writing desk, large bathroom and balcony. The lifts are modern, some buttons do not work the lift for some reason but I think they are going to fix that, the level 12 once you get out of the lift is very new, with freshly laid carpet, room 1220 is great, modern, nothing I can say wrong, the shower over bath very modern and roomy and was great with the glass partition to stop water from spilling out, a big sink to brush your teeth and it was very bright in the bathroom. The room aircond is quiet and has the eco switch off feature once you open the balcony door. The bed mattress closest to the bathroom will need to be replaced soon as I got room service to turn around the mattress as the springs have seen better days. The balcony is great there is no outside furniture maybe due to the high winds of Scarbs. The very unique resort Pool area on level 10 is Wunderbar its approx 1.5meters deep and coolish with a rock bridge going over part of the pool forming a undercover cave in the pool, there is a wading pool too for the kiddies. There is plenty of pool furniture to lie-down and sit on, there is a outdoor kiosk that opens around 12pm every day till dusk serving alcohol and cold water to drink and food. The pool area also included a spa that did not work for the time I was there, a modern change room, a outdoor water fall feature with cold water. The only 2 things that the outdoor pool requires lighting for after dusk that is after sunset the pool closes because I would assume there is no pool lighting that I could see and move canvas undercover areas, there are wooden frames or structures for this from my observations but no canvas has been installed or has been taken down for some reason.
A special thanks for Recepo for looking after my bike for the days I had stayed at the Rendez. There is always something going on at Scarbs, recently there was the band Birds of Tokyo and next week Missy Higgins is playing at Scarbs. Be warned that Scarbs is at least 50mins from Perth via Bus and Train and 30 mins by car with all the traffic and traffic lights I think Scarbs needs more Roundabouts and less Traffic lights. Anyway great Hotel will stay again I recond the room required a Ipod docking alarm clock. The restaurant "Straits" menu looked very expensive maybe a membership discount feature like they have with Rydges would be nice.

Room Tip: rooms start at Level 10
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Traralgon, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was rathe disappointed in this hotel. Apart from the views of course which were sensational. $20 valet parking which is 20 metres away was a rip off. I advised that I would not be paying for my room service dinner as it was terrible. Was told that I should have told room service immediately and sent it back. The gentleman on reception made me feel like it was my fault the food was not up to standard. Décor is pretty average, cream couches at the lifts were very dirty. Again, certainly not value for money. And at breakfast there was a coffee machine where you pushed a button for the type of coffee you wanted. Not good enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Emilio F, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Julie H,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the views from our stunning location.

I am disappointed to hear that you felt our valet parking did not offer value for money. We feel our prices are competitive compared with other hotels in Perth (many charge up to $50); and we also offer a self-park service at $10 per day.

I apologise that you felt your meal was not up to standard and did not receive the expected level of service we aim to offer our guests when you communicated this with our staff. I have raised these issues with the relevant department.

Straits Cafe offer self-serve hot beverages from the coffee machine which is included as part of the buffet breakfast. Barista made coffee can also be ordered at Straits Cafe or The Lobby Bar, located opposite the restaurant. I apologise if this was not communicated to you.
Thank you again for your constructive feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The highlight has to be sitting watching the wave surfers in their hundreds all along the coast. Room was clean and well set out. Hotel a bit impersonal however delightful woman on reception went out of her way to assist me to get my bags out of car and delivered to the room. Just a note - if you want guest parking and have a four wheel drive or a van that is high you will probably not fit in the car park and will have to park in garage next door.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Shanara1,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

I am so glad you appreciated the wonderful views the Hotel's location has to offer and that our front desk team provided the high standard of customer service we aim to give our valued guests.

Our underground parking caters to vehicles up to 1.9 meters high. Alternatively, if guests have a vehicle that exceeds this, there is open parking located near the Hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Kingsbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 27 nights in December 2013 and January 2014.
My overall impression is the excellence of the staff in all areas into which I came into contact.
The hotel has recently been upgraded and it was substantially better than my previous visit in 2004.
The hotel is adjacent to the Indian Ocean beach at Scarborough which can be viewd from many rooms, it has it's own outdoor swimming pool. The restaurant was excellent, the bar and cafe feisty and fun.
I found all the staff in various departments not only polite but very willing to help and to go the extra yard for excellence.

Room Tip: Facing the Ocean
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Michael H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your great feedback.

The Hotel has had an overall refurbishment of all guest rooms and facilities as well as public areas, so I am glad to hear that you appreciated the changes, as well as the stunning location of the Hotel on Scarborough Beach overlooking the Indian Ocean.

I am most please to hear that our team provided you with excellent service and that your overall experience was of a high standard, which is what we aim to provide all of our valued guests.

Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us soon.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at the Rendezvous Grand Hotel in sacrborough beach for 2 nights on the 30th & 31st january 2014 .
I booked the hotel after travelling around on my book tour , I did 40 shows from Melb to Adelaide and finished with 8 days in Perth WA.
I stayed in many properties on the tour but I came back to the Rendezvous Grand becasue I knew what i would get , the location and service.
I checked booking.com for the deal and then called the hotel who did a few dollars better.
The Room was a king bed room on the 21st floor, great view, large room , new bathroom, big TV and did i mention GREAT SERVICE!!!! the restaurant food is "Fab" , room service prompt, great pool , great Gym .
I returned because I had stayed there in august 2013 for 10 days an loved it then , the beach is at the door step. super convenient localtion, restaurants, Bottle shop,Bars, Cafe's and Coles all 200 metres from the hotel.
They have a huge underground Carpark which is $10 au per day ( cheap) , a really nice Bar on the ground floor which adds to the ambience of the hotel.
The Hotel staff are superb, super helpful , courteous and engaging.
Im looking forward to returning in July for Bookweek and hope to stay 10 days in this great hotel.
I had the pleasure of meeting the same porters Richard & Adrian who had helped me lug my music gear on the big trolley from my room to the Carpark nearly everyday last time and twice this time, something has to be said about 'Staff Continuity" , both gents are fabulous .
Also i was checked in By Emlyn the duty manager who also very professional, polite and engaging , the perfect hotel frontline.
I totally recommend staying at the Rendezvous Grand Hotel , its a getaway in the city !
Stirling Work ..barvo!
cheers
AJ

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach if possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough? Share your experiences!