“Perfect stay - great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Scarborough

Quest Scarborough
You added Quest Scarborough to your Saves list
Quest Scarborough
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   4 Brighton Road | corner Brighton Road & West Coast Highway, Scarborough, Stirling, Western Australia 6019, Australia   |
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Perfect stay - great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at very short notice for 14 nights from 21 Dec to 4th January. As we had to change plans very urgently we also phoned directly to the apartments and spoke to Tasha who was just fantasctic and most helpful. She arranged for a 2 bedroom apartment that walked straight out onto the pool area. On arrival we were so thrilled with the room - plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The apartment was spotless and had everything we required in the kitchen.
The pool area is amazing with the bbq and deckchairs as well as sun shades. Scarborough Beach can get a bit windy but the pool area is so sheltered it was just perfect.

The front office staff could not be faulted - every single staff member went out of their way to help us with suggestions and tips on where to go and how to get there since we had never been to Perth before. The compex is close to the Coles supermarket and cafes and restaurants. After 2 weeks we did not want to leave and can't wait to go back next Christmas.

Room Tip: If you love using the pool or sitting in the sun - ask for a room that heads straight onto the pool...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Scarborough, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having stayed in many hotels all over Australia with work for many years I have a certain level of expectation as to the standard I expect and was very pleasantly surprised with the Quest at Scarborough.

I decided to stay for 9 nights over the Christmas period which was busy and expensive so instead of booking online, I rang the hotel reception directly. There I spoke with a a couple of very professional receptionists who went out of their way to get me the best price for the days I was staying and then find me a room that met my needs. They explained which rooms had the best views vs price etc. I settled on a studio room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool.

Checkin was a breeze and the room's decor is fairly plane but new and very clean and functional, I personally wouldn't want any thing more. There was a kitchenette and a large digital TV, and the balcony was clean and nice to use to sit outside. One important thing I immediately noticed on my first night was the complete lack of the sound of water running through pipes after people in other rooms used the bathroom. This is common even in 5 star hotels but not hear, in fact the room was one of the quietest I've stayed in anywhere. The only sound I heard was some of the locals over christmas riding trail bikes but normal traffic was inaudible.

The cleaning staff were superb. They kept the room clean and with fresh towels and made bed etc. They even washed my dishes and put fruit in the fruit bowl on Xmas eve which was a lovely touch. I always took the opportunity to speak with them and found them to be very friendly and professional. The reception staff too which is staffed until 11pm always said hello to me and often we would talk about the local area and they'd help me with restaurants and places of interest, they were just fantastic.

Parking is available underneath at $15 per day if needed. This is actually a good deal considering the lack of undercover parking if you have a really nice car. I had a rental so I parked for free in the beach carpark just a few metres down the road opposite the Wild Fig cafe which opens at 6am for coffee which I would recommend if you love your early morning latte.

Overall the Quest at Scarborough was a wonderful place to stay - expensive? well yes compared to say a Quest in Melbourne during winter, but this is on Scarborough Beach and during Xmas so the price was quite acceptable for the location and time of year. The hotel management must be good because the quality of staff usually reflect the management and all the staff were very polite, friendly and professional. I'd highly recommend staying here but if staying longer than a night or two, I'd recommend booking directly via the phone so that you can discuss your needs directly with the reception staff.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the beach are more expensive but they also face onto the main road, rooms facin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We only had one night here as we were in the city for a work function. Great room, good size for a studio. Nice aspect over the pool NO NOISE, must have double glazing. Very courteous front desk staff, we left to go to breakfast next day and no issue about leaving our car till we were ready to go home even though check out time had passed. Highly recommended. Thank you.

Room Tip: All good, but maybe ask for a west facing room if you don't want to open you curtains to see a b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Great location . Just around the corner is a casual dining restaurant average prices pretty good.
Next door is the franchise Grilled Restaurant
Great burgers and amazing fries with that herb seasoning with dips , I recommend the Dill one.

• Stayed October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at Quest Scarborough and found the Reception to be one of the best ever...the girls always had a smile and something to say to greet you when you were leaving or arriving back...The Wild Fig just down the road from the Quest is a lovely place to have a meal anytime of the day and the Staff there are also very friendly...in fact it was where we had dinner for the 5 nights of our stay...The Quest rooms were very clean and comfortable ours overlooked the Ocean which was lovely...the only downturn was that there was no 'oven' only a Micro/Convection which there were no real instructions on..there was a hotplate though and the only frying pan to use was very old and had rust on it....apart from this we would stay there again...

Room Tip: Room overloking the Ocean is a bonus..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great location very close to beautiful beach. Reception staff were very helpful when we checked in quite late in the evening. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious and looked out over the pool deck. We enjoyed our private balcony where we enjoyed coffee in the morning sun. Plenty of parking in the hotel basement. A good place stay If you want to be away from the middle of Perth and close to a beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in a studio apartment. Then again for 3 nights as had pre booked booth stays on wotif. Had I had an option I would not have gone back. I choose this as it was brand new. I found it overpriced and over rated. The rooms are average and small. The beds are sooooo uncomfortable!!! Two beds pushed together and the split down the middle uncomfortable. The linen and towels were cheap standard and felt like they were old, not what you would expect from a new hotel.
The garage door for parking failed everytime we exited the carpark and had to get out of car to press emergancy button.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quest Scarborough? Share your experiences!