“"Maximum relaxation achieved!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Scarborough

You added Quest Scarborough to your Saves list
Quest Scarborough
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   4 Brighton Road | corner Brighton Road & West Coast Highway, Scarborough, Stirling, Western Australia 6019, Australia   |
Perth, Australia
“"Maximum relaxation achieved!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel, having enjoyed my first visit back in February. The booking process was once again fast and efficient and I was provided with exactly what I asked for. Staff are friendly and helpful and shops and restaurants are only a short walk away. I found my room to be clean and modern. It was near the pool and this was a good choice as this was a particularly quiet area. The bedroom sliding doors lead to a private courtyard with a small gate allowing me to conveniently slip into the heated pool. The car park is fully secured with easy access from the lifts. I would gladly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

A month ago I made a booking with the Quest Scarborough for a one bedroom executive apartment for 4 nights. The Quest required full prepayment, and no cancellation of the booking as they said it was a busy period for them. This was done.

Then 2 days ago I have a call from them telling me they would have to cancel my booking and locate me elsewhere in Scarborough as they hadn't accommodation for me for the 4 nights I had booked. Some regular guest required my room!!!! I was completely in shock. What sort of establishment does this, especially when their booking terms were - "Please note that no changes are allowed to any reservations made with this package as the rates are non-refundable and non-transferrable."

What would happen if I needed to cancel the accommodation, would they have bent their rules for me also?

Do not book with this establishment, you cannot be sure that a booking is a true booking, even when you pre-pay.

They did find alternate accommodation in Scarborough for me, but that is not the point. I specifically wanted to stay at the Quest Scarborough, and will now not stay there, and would definitely not book them again, for fear that the same thing may happen.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
QuestScarborough, Manager at Quest Scarborough, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
We value any feedback from all of our customers. This client was fully compensated for their stay and relocated to an alternative local accommodation provider nearby to Quest Scarborough.

Quest Scarborough provided the client with advance notice and ensured that the client was not out of pocket in any way. As an act of good faith we paid an additional charge for the client to be upgraded as further compensation for any inconvenience.

Quest Scarborough did everything we could to look after this client and we thank you for your consideration.

Tasha Platt
Franchise Manager
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here for just over 2 months from April to June after finding our booked holiday let down in Belmont was absolutely disgusting.
We had a 1 bed apartment No 32 (sea and pool view :-) ) the room was fantastic and spotless, cleaned once a week which suited us as we were there for a while and didn't need it cleaned everyday. Everything you would expect it the room, Digital TV x2 own outside phone line with our own number, so family from Scotland could contact us directly without going through reception.
Location is pretty much right on the beach, just a short walk down to the sea. Which meant we didn't use the pool much. Shops and restaurants also very close.
The staff were all very nice and helpful, even when an ash cloud prevented us from flying to Melbourne they managed to extend our stay a few more days, and even helped us pick our accommodation in Melbourne, another Quest apartment.

The only down side I would say was that the cooking facilities could have been a bit better. There was only an electric 2 hob unit and a microwave come oven type thing.

Overall we had a great stay and would recommend to anyone looking for something special.

Room Tip: Room 32 1 bed apartment with sea views
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at QUEST Scarborough Beach for about 6 weeks while looking for a rental home in the greater Perth area. With us were our 2 kids aged 1.5 and 6. We were booked into a 2 bedroom apartment which actually turned out to be two hotel rooms with doors opening into the same small hallway. This was OK for us, since my kids were small, we used the larger hotel room for living and the smaller was just used for sleeping. This could be an issue with slightly older kids.

The hotel was lovely - modern, clean, spacious. It was a good size for our family. Close to a supermarket (we could walk), restaurants, chemist etc. And of course the beach which os gorgeous.

Two things that I offer for you to consider before staying here. The kitchen in the larger of the two rooms was small. Two hot plate style burners and a microwave/convection oven. Very little cook ware is supplied so you really can't feed a family in here without buying some pots/pans and dishes. Also - the eating area was carpeted and with two small kids, this quickly becomes soiled, despite my best efforts to clean up. Housekeeping comes everyday to replace towels and tidy the bathrooms, but a real clean only happens once per week.

The staff were friendly, and helpful. The pool was lovely but the heating system was out of order for most of our stay.

In the end I would stay here again, but the value for money was not the best.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Check-in was smooth and staff accomodated all my requests. I stayed in a 1 bedroom spacious apartment with a stunning balcony view of the ocean. The apartment was spotless and well appointed with all the modern facilities you'd expect from a new hotel. Watching TV from my bed while glancing at the movement of the sea was indeed a bonus.
Shops, a supermarket and restaurants are only a short walk away so no transport was needed. I particularly enjoyed swimming in the heated pool and would gladly stay here again. I couldn't list a single complaint.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Nice spot, stayed here for 3 weeks thanks to my company, the price is not good value when you consider the luxury hotel down the road is about half the rate paid and includes breakfast. Reception -depends on who is there-you may get a fake smile upon greeting which disappears rapidly as you leave. Important- make sure you are clear with them about booking details and exit day and have it in writing or you may have a surprise waiting for you.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
QuestFremantle, Manager at Quest Scarborough, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Quest Scarborough has a 48 hour cancellation policy. All guests are advised of this policy upon making their reservation. If an in-house guest extends or wishes to amend their booking, they are also reminded of this policy.

This is standard across most reputable hotel and accommodation providers in Australia. This policy ensures correct daily allocation of rooms for all our customers.

Tasha Platt
Franchise Manager
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

From the moment we walked through the door we were treated like royalty..the staff were more than accomadating to our every need.
The room was spacious with all the latest luxuries to meet both our needs...and more! It was refreshing to see a room sparkling clean and the bed, well we have not slept so good at a hotel in a very long time...and we travel alot.
We overlooked Scarborough Beach it made all the difference to our stay...and dinner..that was a 2min stroll along the esplanade and once again we were treated like royalty.
We would like to thank all the staff at Quest for their amazing hospitality as it was second to none.. the location is amazing and yes we will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quest Scarborough? Share your experiences!