“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments

Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cottesloe
Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments
You added Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments to your Saves list
8 Macarthur Street, Cottesloe, Western Australia, Australia   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed in Apt 4 and 9 with 9 girlfriends this past weekend and we all loved it! The beach was amazing and so close, the apartments were self contained and so clean and the staff were so helpful. I will def be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Busselton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

It's in a nice neighbourhood and not "touristy" , the rooms were clean and we slept well with the sound of the sea in the background. The train was handy for Perth and Fremantle. The Management has just changed and we found them helpful.
All in all it worked well for us because we don't really enjoy Hotels.
We had a great courtyard , whilst travelling on business we found it most relaxing.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

So I've just got back from a 3 week stay at these apartments. I agree with what people have said here. First off Apartment 8 IS the apartment to stay in - it's the only one with a lovely view of the sea. The ones on the ground floor have no view other than a brick wall and have very small areas outside. Apartments with a balcony have a sizeable balcony and it's great but the sun is on it from around 2pm so I wouldn't have wanted to be there earlier in the year when the temps were 40 plus. It was a constant mid-20's when I was there and perfect.

So, what I liked about this place:

The apartment was well kitted out - dishwasher, microwave etc. Good seating at a couple of tables - one inside, one on the balcony. A couple of sun loungers out on the balcony. A great shower with fantastic pressure. A great location. A mile from the main street in Cottesloe on the front and a 5-minute walk to the nearest beach (which is a dog beach). The laundry facilities are great - you have access to your own washing machine and tumble drier which you share with another apartment so there isn't a situation where one machine services all 9 apartments. This was a great facility and the machines were of excellent standard. There was also a telephone in the apartment which was very handy.

But, I had some issues with the lady managed the place who has subsequently left and new people are set to run it as of this month.

I came back one day to find the apartment door open (had a heart attack!) and she was inside HEATING HER LUNCH IN MY MICROWAVE! She said she'd had to come in to reset the internet router and had knocked. I was pretty shaken by this and it made me realise that there was no lock on the inside of the door so I had no way of locking and securing the door from the inside so what was to stop her coming back in when I was in the shower for example? I ended up emailing the owner and expressing my dissatisfaction and to her credit she immediately responded and said this should not have happened and guaranteed that it wouldn't happen again. The Manager had said she'd need access every 2 days! Anyhow, that was all fine until I came back the next day and bumped into the Manager who made it very clear she knew I'd spoken to the owner and said "you could have spoken to me". Thereafter I was very uncomfortable seeing her as I felt she was completely out of order! I did manage to resolve this with the owner but I feel that this situation should just never have happened and when I read on here that the key for apartment 9 opens apartment 8 I'm just so glad I didn't know THAT whilst I was there!

Security of the apartments from the inside is appalling - there is no way to stop someone with a key getting in.

I also think that staying for 3 weeks meant that I should have been able to have extra toilet rolls and soap but once I'd run out of what was there I was told that was it...I think that's a tad mean given the place isn't cheap.

I also was unhappy that the owners choose to do rennovations on three apartment floors during the last 3 days of my stay. I know that in Australia April is low season but it was my holiday and I didn't think that the owner suggesting I be out of the apartment in the mornings so as to avoid the noise was particularly helpful! Why not wait until the place was empty to do rennovations? These little things just spoiled it for me.

I also think that not providing beach towels is a little mean considering you are right by the beach!

I think that in high season the possiblity of noise etc may be an issue as the walls seemed rather thin. I was fortunate being there off-peak as the place was not full but one night there was a rowdy group in and it woke me up at 1am with them being very noisy (but I guess that could happen anywhere).

I came back one evening to discover no electricity in the apartment and none of the "emergency contact numbers" were answering. In the end I had to figure out for myself that I'd passed a workman earlier in the day who had been working on the apartment and figure out he'd not put it back on in mine! I had to find the fuse box and reset.

All in all these apartments have many good points but the security issues and the issues with the onsite manager would make me question going back or recommending it. Also, unless you were guaranteed Apartment 8 I think they are a lot of money for what they are.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
CottesloeWaters, Owner at Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
The owners have requested that we, as managers of these Apartments, respond to the comments published on your website some of which are quite inaccurate.

* Security

Subsequent to the comments made by a guest in May 2010, all of our Apartments are now fitted with an internal chain lock system similar to those found in major hotels.

The keys to all Apartments are a Security Restricted Key and can not be copied, and one key to one apartment does NOT open another,. The guest that reported that their key from apartment 9 opened the key to apartment 8 is totally incorrect – these guests were travelling together and they have mixed up their keys. The apartments are secure and we have not had any issues with our security.

* Staff Issues…

The comments made in relation to a staff member heating a lunch in an apartment has occurred only on that occasion and the staff member was dealt with and is no longer in our employment. The guest was then given free accommodation for part of her stay due to the unacceptable behaviour of 1 staff member. The apartments are now under new management and there is 24 hour assistance should there be any emergencies during your stay.

* General

We are pleased with the general thrust of the comments which largely were very appreciative of the emphasis we place on ensuring the Apartments are well maintained. Unfortunately we cannot control the weather and Perth can be hot in February. Potential guests need to remember also the Apartments are offered as UNSERVICED apartments, so there is a minimal level of hotel type services available.”

Signed COTTESLOE WATERS EXECUTIVE APARTMENTS
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

These apartments have been fully renovated, are walking distance from the beach and are clean and tidy with all the modern amenities. The air conditioning in apartment 8 did not extend into the bedroom and I found that a little stifling in the February heat, but otherwise the ventilation was fine. The good things about the apartment are the lovely balcony which has water views, the comfy lounge and flat screen TV, the fresh, white bathroom, lots of wardrobe space and the fully equipped, albeit small, kitchen.
The things that didn’t impress are; the impossible afternoon sun on the balcony which made it unusable at that time of day, the lack of beach towels – being so close to the beach I would have expected a couple for tenants use, and the sticky front lock which was very annoying. We also discovered that our apartment key opened the lock of apartment 9 and vice versa. Our friends were renting next door and we found this out by accident. It makes a person wonder if all the keys open all the locks and what sort of security one has! Insurance companies take note.
We’d also like to point out that these apartments are not walking distance from town in the heat of summer. It’s a very flat walk, but a very long one.
On a final note; even though we enjoyed our stay, a knock on the door at 9:45 am to make sure we were out by 10 am was not appreciated. We were packed and ready, but this felt very unwelcoming and highly inappropriate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Security

General

Signed COTTESLOE WATERS EXECUTIVE APARTMENTS
shorne,uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Decent fully functional apartments, 2 blocks back from the ocean. Would be great if it didn't have buildings in front of it. Having said that, Cottesloe is a lovely place and most of our time there was spent outdoors. Courtyard garden was a disappointment. Very small and no view of anything but a fence. But apartment was ideal for 2.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Echuca, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

The apartment was like a home away from home. We had the apartment which had the view of the bay from the balcony.

The unit had a DVD player and a large selection of books , magazines to read from and also had plenty of board games to keep youreslf busy.

The apartment is a close walking dustance to the train station and the famous Cottesloe pub and shops.

The apartment complex is a quite street and it had plenty of parking space for vehicles

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments? Share your experiences!