“Great atmosphere and food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Café
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Great atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Sunday morning after Christmas. Very busy but welcomed and seated with minimum fuss. Big breakfast hit the spot but had a slight communication challenge describing my eggs... sunny side up isn't understood down under? Enthusiastically recommended.

Perth, Australia
“Greatly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was casually in Cottesloe, a place I never go because it's too busy, but was there today for a good cause, the protest against shark culling, so I decided to get a coffee while waiting. It was 9am, the place was packed, but the friendly staff soon accommodated me and my friend. We ordered and were promptly told, with an apology, that coffees would take around 20 minutes. I like to know in advance of the wait, and do not mind. I ordered a fruit toast with goats cheese and honey and was pleasantly surprised at the plate presentation, which was pristine (and also delicious). Probably the first time the food comes before the coffee but it was not an issue at all as about 5 minutes later we got our coffees, brewed to perfection. Prices are fair for the excellent quality, presentation and service. I loved the long communal tables, something I had only seen in New York. When in Cottesloe again I will definitely go back there.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Lively and energitic atmosphere with delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was in Perth on Business and found this restaurant on trip advisor, the reviews were good so thought I would give it a shot. I was on my own, the place was packed but this did not deter the friendly staff who accommodated me at a small table near the entry. Great spot for people watching. The atmosphere was fantastic, great music playing, but the best of all was the incredibly delicious food. Sensational quality, can't wait to go back next time I am in town.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Always deliver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Il lido is one of my favorite restaurant, perfect after a dip in the sea for breakfast or a lazy lunch or a candle light dinner after enjoying the sunset at the beach.
Food is always fresh, tasty and delicious.
I love the ambience and the staff are always attentive. A must try.

Visited November 2013
Northumberland
“Atmospheric treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is the star here - bustling, busy and alive! The food is nice, but nothing flash. Service needs improvement - hanging around waiting for drinks when your food is sitting out is not on. I would recommend for groups and friends, would avoid for couples.

Visited November 2013