“Grand and beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Melba Highway, Yering, Victoria 3770, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yering
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Grand and beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

A beautiful property, the history and grandeur of this hotel is truly amazing. If your after accommodation with old world charm and comfort, it's somewhere you can appreciate 5 star.
Dinner in Eleonore's Restaurant was wonderful and full compliments to the Chef, really enjoyed the excellent menu and great service.
Only downfall of our two night weekend stay was Breakfast in Sweetwater Cafe,which sadly was a disappointment. Not really impressed with poached eggs twice being hard boiled and presentation of meals just plain boring.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Setting out of this world. Room was exquisite however food was just okay and not worth the money. Service was good but the poor girls lugging the luggage was not a good sight or appropriate. Its worth going for a one off experience of what was a 1st class good old fashioned hotel with a touch of class and worthy of four stars not quite 5.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

WOW. Thank you to all the staff at Chateau Yering for an incredible night once again. We arrived running late and were immediately shown to our beautiful suite in the Stables. There was a bottle of french champagne waiting on ice for us. We were giving instructions about the room and left to enjoy and unwind . The room was comfortable and had a lovely cosy feel to it. We changed and met friends for dinner. We began with drinks in the drawing room lazing in comfy wing back chairs. We were then shown to our seats. After warm welcomes we were explained our menus for the evening. We had chosen the degustation with drinks to match. SUPERB!! The food is of the highest quality and presentation is immaculate. We ended our meal with cheese and after dinner drinks with the staff to finish an Amazing night. I would highly recommend this restuarant and property to anyone. THANKYOU ALL FOR A WONDERFUL TIME. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Wanting to surprise mum with a road trip to the Yarra Valley for one of her favourite pastimes - high tea - I thought that Chateau Yering would fit the bill nicely.

I should have saved myself the $65 x 3 = $195 I forked out and the two hour car return trip and instead taken her out for breakfast/brunch/lunch at one of my local inner city cafes.

I'll drop the dragger temporarily to focus on the positives; the location was quaint and the food was tasty. However...

We were seated next to a wall, and while mum had a sliver of window next to her, I asked the waiter if we could be relocated to one of the many available tables next to windows. His reply was that every table - including in the restaurant - was booked out. Never mind that the table immediately besides ours, next to a window, remained free for the entire three hours' duration of afternoon tea...

While on the topic of logistics, a lady who required abundant space for herself and her bariatric sized wheeled walker was seated at the halfway point in the room, incidentally at the table next to ours. Every time she made her way to the buffet, either myself or a person at the opposite table had to get up and push their chair in to make room. Couldn't the staff have had better insight to seat this poor lady in a more accessible location, so that no one was inconvenienced (including her)?

As I mentioned, the food was not to be faulted, however, how do the ribbon sandwiches run out 30 min into a three our event catered as a buffet?? I at least managed one serve of sandwiches before they vanished...

I did enjoy the mango juice that I ordered, but unfortunately I had to get up and find a waiter to order from! I twice unsuccessfully attempted to get the attention of staff on the floor, who only walked past me. I was surprised to see that the tea on offer was tea bag Twinings and the coffee was capsule-based self serve out of one of two machine that didn't work...

And if that wasn't enough of a suboptimal experience, I discovered the adventure that is a trip to the ladies' bathroom. Located in the corner of the adjacent room, I literally had to step over the legs and feet of people sitting on the couches lined up on route to the door! No clear path, and no one seem bothered about being in the way.

Will I ever return? Definitely not. Will I recommend the experience to others? Not even as a joke. As a regular diner and self proclaimed foodie, this was simply an inexcusable service for such a high price. I'm still wondering what exactly I paid for...

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sale, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

WE had been given a 'Wotif' voucher on the occasion of my husbands retirement, so could think of no better way to treat ourselves than to stay at Chateau Yering. Verdict: Wonderful, luxurious, pampered, refreshed, cosseted, relaxed, and totally happy with our experience.
The staff booked Wombat tours to take us on a wine tasting day and it was so much fun and a great way to spend the day tasting Yarra Valley yummy wines without having to drive!
Thanks everyone.

Room Tip: We were given Martelli which is upstairs. Beautiful room to look at, comfortable bed ++++ and the b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at Chateau Yering and I think it almost surpassed the first. This time we were not lucky enough to have a room upgrade, but the suite was large and very comfortable. The staff were terrific and couldn't do enough to make our stay so pleasant. They went out of their way to make sure we had all we needed. Dinner in Eleonore's was superb. The staff again were marvellous. Our stay was rounded off with a very pleasant breakfast in the Sweetwater Cafe. We look forward to another visit.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed with family. Great base for the yarra valley area. Did many wine tastings around the area.

The room was well equipped and spacious. The amenities provided was wonderful. The bed was extremely comfortable!

A very relaxing place to spend a weekend. The gardens and the fields surrounding the hotel provide a tranquil feel.

A postcard view in the morning during the sunrise with the hot air balloons.

The restaurant and cafe showcase many of the local produce in their food.

I would come back again if I happen to visit the area. Great weekend spent!

Stayed March 2014

Been to Chateau Yering? Share your experiences!