“kitchen horror” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“kitchen horror”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been to Lazy Moe's a few times and it was an awesome place to go, until last night. Went there for dinner last night with a few friends. The waiter who was quite elderly that served us was fairly rude and really did not have any clue on what personal space was. The meals that we ordered came out on time which was good and the quantity was more that satisfactory. Half way through the meal a friend of mine found a hair in her food and it looked like it was of a beard or some sort, the next thing we noticed was that one of the kitchen staff, which im guessing was the chef was not wearing a beard net and had no trouble giving it a good scratch. With all this going we got the waiter to have a look at it and all he said was "Where is it", we pointed it out and he just took away the UNFINISHED meal. So now left with eating half a meal and he did not return with a replacement or an apology we decided that we'd just leave, having to pay for the meal as the waitress who was very understanding but said she could not do anything about it because the manager was not in. People! the meals look good and they are of a huge quantity but after having a seat that gives you a direct view of the kitchen, you'd want to rethink if its really worth going to a place where the waiter thinks that just because the menu's have some absurd terms and conditions he can abuse his lack of customer service skills and get away with anything.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

43% Recommend
Perth, Australia
“What a Waste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I visited Lazy Moes with my partner and a couple of friends,
It was very busy when we arrived and we were seated quickly, The staff were friendly especially one young male who could not have been more helpful,
We were surprised at the Size of the Servings, to us they were huge and the prices seemed quite good, I had ordered a spirit with mixer and it was quite strong compared to what you would get at most resturants, so I was happy.
All 5 of us were unable to finish our meals, I managed to get through my Parma but could not even touch the Extremely large amount of Chips on the plate or the side salad, my Parma was very large and quite dry, my partners Veal was excellent (again only chips left), our friends Fish and Chips could have been shared between the two of them.
But I would go there again - next time I will know what to expect and can order accordingly. The Staff we had were friendly but we knew we had out stayed our welcome when the kitchen staff wanted to go home.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“LOUZY MOES”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I visited lazy moes for the first time with a group of friends after hearing the meals are enormous. I was very much confused as the meals were a normal size and i didnt find them huge at all. I regularly eat out and for the price i think the food wasnt up to scratch. The chicken is very chewy and gummy and i dont particularly like paying 20 dollars for a health risk. But what annoyed me most is the time spent waiting for our food. A couple of my friends complained they were sick afterwards. i think the people that go there need a reality check.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Bad quality food and bad quality people!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

Wel the food is of a low standard..hence the reputation of serving large meals which are getting alot smaller lately n people have the impression meals are cheap but its what you pay at any other restaurant except ur eating rubbish. Staff are all ditsy and lost teenagers and owner is on another planet and lacks social skills. U cud also b a regular there for 10 years eating almost everyday and never get a discount. Its not a well established restaurant and they definetely dont know how to do business!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Always happy and full!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I love the value of meal to money you spend. The calamari is my fave!! Gelatti rocks and great cakes.. ooh and the wedges yuuum!!

Visited December 2011