“Busy and alive!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Oakleigh
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: May have previously known as "The O Kitchen" or The Oak Kitchen"
Oakleigh, Victoria, Australia
“Busy and alive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Bookings are essential as a very busy place. Food is great and service is quite good. Always full no matter what night you go. Inside and outside places to eat. Not too expensive.

Visited April 2014

melbourne Victoria, Australia
“A generous meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Another great night at " Watch This Space " a.k.a. The O Kitchen or No Name Restaurant in Eaton Mall, Oakleigh....Despite some mixed reviews, we have always had terrific meals at this place. The servings for the main courses are very very generous and we have found it is better to get some shared plates because despite our hearty appetites we struggle with the mains. The calamari is beautifully cooked. Very tender. Pasta is good, pizzas are lovely...service is usually good but as it is a very busy restaurant sometimes the wait staff are under the pump. Dining outside even in non smoking you will get cigarette smoke. But the atmosphere is fantastic. Wine prices a bit on the high side... but the house wine is perfectly acceptable.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Heard lots about this Resturant , and the experience was exactly that. Very disappointing.. Very loud, poor service , and the food wasn't nice and extremely over priced menus for the mains. Desserts were nice. I had to ask 3 times for a bottle of wine to be brought to our table, they forgot to bring the third dessert we ordered. Sorry I won't be going back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Receipt says "The O Kitchen"
It was a cold night and the door of the restaurant spent more time open than closed. We had our coats on inside the restaurant along with the table next to us. It looks like they had over booked for the evening and a plastic tressle table had been set up and the tables squeezed up. This resulted in a waiter knocking my beer into my meal and onto me. They replaced the beer but I didn't get the remainder of my meal back....not that I wanted it, as the chicken that I had ordered was very tough, I think it had been over cooked and dried out.
They didn't charge us for the beer or the sweets, but there are plenty of other restaurants in Oakleigh, I will go to another next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Top Quality Food , Lively Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Have visited this lively , busy restaurant many times since its opening and never been disappointed. Have been there for brunches but mainly dinners in small and large groups. As many reviewers have already stated the Calamari Duet is magnificent and I have ordered this at least 6 times ( I'm almost addicted ).

Have also ordered and tried the risottos , pizzas and fish - all lovely and very generous serves. Not the place to go to if you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner as its busy, busy , noisy and lively. There is a function room that you can book for parties of 10 - 20 max which does give you some privacy and we have used this several times for family birthdays.

Thoroughly recommend. Adds to the great atmosphere of Eaton Mall with both indoor and outdoor dining.

• Visited June 2013