“Comfortable and Close to airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport

You added Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10-14 Centre Road, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tullamarine
Perth, Australia
“Comfortable and Close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night, we had a early flight out the next morning. Airport is very close, a few minutes walk from the terminal, shuttle is available to/from termainal if you do not wish to walk. Staff were helpful and friendly and check in/out was quick and easy. Beds were comfortable. I would stay again if I needed to fly out early.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHG_Hotel, Ryan South Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear mattshiv,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next early flight.
Ryan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Mount Gambier, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at Holiday Inn at the Melbs airport enroute to QLD for the sake of ease and really expected it to be a bit second rate, not so; the staff were friendly, took care of everything quickly and efficiently (and we are a family of six so we can be a bit of a challenge!). Nothing was a hassell and all went seamlessly :)

Rooms were great, clean and modern, reasonabley priced, great long term parking packages while you're away etc. Room service was super quick and really well priced. You book your shuttle bus pick up time and they get you over to the departures with a smile!

A Lovely Surprise thanks Holiday Inn Melbourne team!!

I would recommend to anyone enroute!! well done

Room Tip: adjoining rooms available for large families
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear anastasiaw w,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
It is wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of our Park Stay and Go Package which includes 7 nights parking and enjoyed your meals and the service. With a family of six I am sure you already know about the Holiday Inn world wide standard of Kids Eat Free.
I hope you had a great holiday in Queensland and we look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport to start your next holiday in comfort.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting for the Melbourne Cup. The hotel is located a few hundred metres from the domestic terminal so if you only have hand luggage the distance is an easy flat walk. Alternatively if you have suitcases a courtesy shuttle bus operates between the terminal and the hotel. The hotel itslef has been around for probably 30 + years but the rooms inside have had a make over. We stayed on level 8 which is the top floor, facing the city. The room was spacious and well appointed with a work desk and swivel chair, flat screen TV with some Foxtel channels, a fair size wardrobe and a clean bathroom with a very good shower. The room was quiet with no plane noise and the king size bed had good quality linen and was extremely comfortable. Downstairs next to the lobby is a small bar and lounge with a restaurant adjoining. I had dinner in the restaurant and the meal was excellent although a tad pricey. I understand there is also a business lounge but we had no need to utilise this. I also noticed computers available for guest use in the ground floor lobby. We found it convenient and pleasant to stay here while the room rate was quite reasonable although we booked well in advance. I would recommend the hotel probably more for short stays and for those who need to fly out early the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room facing the city because at night the lights of the city are a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tabila,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you enjoyed the Spring Carnival and had a win on The Cup. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport next time you are in The Sporting Capital attending one of the year round events.
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here earlier this year for one night. I arrived late on a flight from London, when I arrived at 21:00 I was tired and the airline had left my lugguage in England. On arrival at the hotel, the receptionist from very helpful and friendly, nice quick check-in as she understood I was tired and just wanted to go to bed. When I told her my bags didn't arrive she arranged extra toiletries & bathrobes etc.
The hotel was fine, standard Holiday Inn, what I liked the most was the service and the staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear MrColin,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you enjoyed the service from the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
Pine Mountain, Qld. Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It's an older building, rooms are clean, but that's about it.
Breakfast does not start until 7, so if you have an early flight there is McDonlads across the road.
Courtesy shuttle bus can pick you up from the airport and drop you off again at no charge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHG_Hotel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mr Steinbeck,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
Please note that for your next visit our restaurant opens at 5:30am for breakfast Monday to Friday and 6:30am Saturday and Sunday. Additionally Room Service is available 24 hours a day.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
albury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

For our family of 4 the two twin beds for one night was just fine. We had to drive 3 hours to Melbourne before we had to fly out the next morning for a overseas flight. Everything was fine no noise and comfortable for us. The service to and from the airport was great. And we left our car with them for the 8 nights. This only cost $285.00 which was the cheapest rate i could get close to the airport at this standard.The service was good and everyone was helpfully. Mcdonalds is over the road if you wanted that , we had our meal there and it was good. The at free, as we had a meal. Nice start to our holiday. Thanks

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear wardstoday,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you and your family were able to take advantage of the Holiday Inn Kids Eat Free Program which is unique to all Holiday Inns worldwide.
Thank you for choosing to start your family vacation with Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport and I hope you had a wonderful trip.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have previously written a much more flattering review of this hotel but that was then and this is now. My most recent stay motivates me to correct the record somewhat.

First, it's not cheap. For a fairly average hotel a fair distance

from restaurants or other areas of interest (other than the airport!) this was not a cheap hotel. I have paid far less for far more elsewhere within the last month.

On booking, and on checking in, I specifically asked for a quiet room as I was unwell and don't sleep soundly at the best of times. Instead, I was given a room near a service door which meant that as I was trying to get to sleep, I heard constant clanging of trolleys or some such. Once off to sleep, I didn't stay asleep that long because my room was also proximate to an external garbage area so I was woken by a garbage truck collecting bins at about 4.30 am. I was only able to doze after that. So, all up, I reckon I got about 4 or 5 hours sleep. Thanks Holiday Inn.

The other thing that really bugged me this time was the smell of the bathroom. It had a faint smell of sewage which was fairly unpleasant every time I walked in. This meant I had to cut short my bath to the bare minimum as it was pretty unpleasant. I could see no obvious signs of water leakage but I could definitely smell something.

On the upside, the bed was comfortable although the quilt was, characteristically, a little thin. I'm prepared to forgive this on the basis that I probably like more covers than the average person. The breakfast the next morning too was tasty and exactly as ordered.

So, my stay was not a disaster by any means, but it wasn't very good either. I think I'll be tempted to stay at the Park Royal next time if I need to stay out at the airport. For the price, I think I could do much better than what is essentially a tourist hotel parading as something more.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Citikitty,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport.

I apologise that your stay was not all that you expected and not to the same high standard you have previously experienced. Whilst we do not claim to be cheap we do aim to be good value at a fair price. I am disappointed to hear that you were not allocated the appropriate room that you requested. I will follow up to ensure our procedures are reviewed and the team learn from your comments. Generally the Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport is known for being exceptionally quiet and our Tripadvisor feedback reflects this so it is disappointing to hear your sleep was interrupted.

On a positive note I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and the bed was comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Melbourne.
Ryan.

Been to Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!