“Great Find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tullamarine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We were very pleased to have chosen to stay here for convenience. The room was very well appointed and much larger than expected. The rooms were surprisingly quiet considering it's actually at the airport. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and the breakfast buffet selections were excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Arrived in MEL late and appreciated having to just walk across the road into the hotel. Check-in was swift and pleasant and was upgraded to a large exec room on the corner. Wi-fi was free. The room had all the facilities one needed, but lacked personality and required the closing of some six or seven blinds and a further similar number of inner blinds to keep the light out. Did not sample breakfast, but check out quick and easy. Car hire companies next door too and if you don't want something to eat from the hotel, you have a good choice of outlets in the Terminals.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Stawell, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've stayed at the Park Royal on two occasions now and found all the staff to be very helpful. On our last stay we did have problem due to not being able to adjust the room temperature (faulty aircon) Staff quickly allocated another room. Have always enjoyed the dining at Airo Restaurant and this was no exception. Staying here always ensures a hassle free start to your journey and I would highly recommend this accomodation

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Edith R,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We aim to take the hassle out of flying and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed this aspect of the hotel. I was also pleased to hear of your feedback on your delicious dinner in Airo Restaurant and will certainly pass this onto our executive chef. I was disappointed to hear of your experience in your room regarding the temperature, but was delighted that the team was able to resolve this during your stay.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for an overnight prior to a very early flight the next day. Location is unbeatable - right across the concourse, 2 minute walk at most to the terminal. The rooms were quite large and had all the amenities we needed. Bathroom was large also and good shower.
We ate dinner here the night we stayed and I must say the food was amazing, exceeded our expectations for an airport hotel. I would come back here just for the food! The service in the restaurant was excellent, staff were so friendly and knowledgeable.
Staff at reception was hit and miss but we weren't really concerned as it was just the one night.
Would stay here again if needing an early flight out of Melbourne again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear aussie23_melbourne,

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our new restaurant menu and the fantastic services provided by our Airo team. I will be sure to pass this onto the team and congratulate them on their excellent service. Rest assured that we have taken your constructive feedback on board and have discussed this further with the relevant department manager.
Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.

Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First, the good part. This hotel is really convenient to the airport. The rooms are spacious and modern. I slept well and was really comfortable. Now, the not so good part. I arrived at about 11pm and only they then told me about the room bond of about $100 that would be charged to my credit card and then later reimbursed. They also offered me a deal for breakfast. But the next morning, when I decided not to stay for breakfast, they then said that it was not refundable without 24 hours notice. I pointed out that they had not told me this when they offered me the deal and that I had been in the hotel for less than 24 hours, so it was a little difficult to meet that requirement (had I even known about it). The receptionist had to seek managerial approval to refund the breakfast and came back with the line "For this time we will refund the breakfast" - as if somehow it was still my fault. Of course, no sign of the manager coming out to talk to me. They clearly have the monopoly of being right at the airport, so they must feel they can pretty much do what they like. And when you're jet lagged and tired, it's difficult to argue or change hotels. But I would probably avoid it next time.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear JKLABAUS,
Thank you for sharing your review. Great to know that you enjoyed a wonderful nights rest with us. However, I was disappointed to read of the service you received during your departure experience. Rest assured that your comments have been taken on board and discussed further with the relevant managers. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

An easy walk to and from the airport. I was met with a warm and professional welcome. Room was spacious,quiet and modern. The convenience to all terminals made life very confortable for my early morning flight. A fairly straight forward walk (two bridges/walkways) to the main airport carport followed by clearly marked lift to the hotel lobby. A five to 10 minute walk, more convenient and quicker that other airport hotels relying on transport. I might have had a special rate (not sure) so I also found the hotel excellent value. Staff were friendly,helpful and professional.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Randrew747,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It’s always a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback about our team, which I have passed on to congratulate them on a job well done. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night on arriving and another night when leaving Australia. It was surprising the difference in price we paid for the 2 nights. It is cheaper to stay at the weekend than during the week. It is very handy to the terminal but quite expensive, both accommodation and meals. The beds and rooms were very comfortable and clean and staff friendly and helpful. Had a nice buffet breakfast.

Dear Strollingman,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with your fellow travellers. I am delighted that you enjoyed a very comfortable stay with us as well as a delicious breakfast – the perfect way to start your day. Great to know that you also enjoyed great rates, on our weekend packages. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are travelling through Melbourne.
Craig Syphers

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!