“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tullamarine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cairns, Australia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have just spent 2 days at the hotel, great service, the staff are wonderful and the restaurant is superb. Only a one minute walk to the domestic & international terminals via an overhead walkway. Rental cars are found in the same complex which makes it extremely easy to pick up and return. The beds are exceptional and the runway view room I had was great, loved watching the activities of the airport, through my double glazed window without the noise of aircraft. Excellent selection of TV channels.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a runway view room, time just slip by watching the all that happens at the airport...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Debrorah E,

Thank you for sharing your review on tripadvisor and your great tip on watching all the action of the airport from your runway view room.
I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, in particularly the service you received throughout your stay. I believe we have put together a fantastic team, with great enthusiasm – it’s nice to know we are heading in the right direction.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Craig Syphers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Charters Towers, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had the most amazing night's sleep at the Park Royal Melbourne Airport on Wednesday night. I was a guest of the hotel as I was lucky enough to win a FB competition earlier in the year. It worked out perfectly as I needed to fly down to pick up my granddaughter on that day and fly out the next. The king deluxe room was perfect, so warm and inviting and the bed was the best. The hotel was clean, great selection of toiletries, and very quiet. The staff were very polite and accommodating, both in the hotel and the restaurant. Room service was fast and yummy at near to midnight, and the buffet breakfast was the best I have had in a long, long time. Especially the eggs, hash browns and pastries. Late checkout was such a welcome bonus, I had a lovely sleep in and did not need to venture out into the Melbourne chill until it had warmed up. This was really great as I am a northerner though and through and prefer summer to winter anyway. I could not find fault with this hotel, speedy checkin, very comfortable, great service, excellent location! Cheers

Room Tip: I had a high room on the airport side. It was quiet despite the planes coming and going. I loved h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jenniferjane58,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. Congratulations on winning our Facebook competition, I am pleased that we were the perfect place for you to stay. I was delighted to read of your positive experiences, from our warm and inviting beds to our great service. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again, on your next adventure to chilly Melbourne.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Arrived late into Melbourne on international flight and was leaving for Sydney at 9am the next morning. The convenience of the hotel location was fantastic, 5min walking from International terminal and then 5mins to Qantas domestic next morning....all via covered skybridge on a cold blustery Melbourne night and morning. Family room which suited all needs

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Chris A,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable and convenient stay with us in our family room, following your long journey. I am pleased that you found the covered skybridge that connects us to the airport, quite a benefit on these very wintery Melbourne mornings. I hope you had a great flight to Sydney and hope to welcome you back again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I stay in many many hotels as im in the aviation industry and this is my favourite hands down!
Bathroom - clean, great separate shower with a big removable rain head, bath is great, helpful magnifying mirror (take your tweezers girls) the lighting in the bathroom is fabulous too.
Robes in room to use if your relaxing around.
Tea & Coffee facilities, no hot chocolate though which is a shame.
Small bar fridge that registers if you remove something and only a tiny bit of room for your own things. The fridge is also not very cold at all. It would be good if you could turn up the cold setting but its all regulated.
The views are equally amazing both runway views as well as city side views. Personally I reckon the city side views are slightly better than runway views, but as I said they are both great.
The bed - they have got it so right. The bed is to die for and the doona is so big and boofy and nice. One down side...the doona could be a bit longer, for tall people it could do with an extra 6 inches or so.
Overall I absolutely love staying here. I have also been known to stay here even when I'm not on work travel but on a holiday passing through. They also have day rates if you only need a few hours at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear arlucas8,

Thank you for taking the time to review PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport following your most recent stay. I am so very pleased that we are your favourite hotel and have ‘go it so right’ with our bespoke pillowtop beds and generous bathrooms. Thank you again for sharing your tips with your fellow travellers on tripadvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel, again and again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed here with my family for the second time after an overseas flight. Generally everything was pretty good and conveniet as I described in my first review. Only thing I could not undersatnd was that on my First visit I booked a standard room which was quite large and spacious. This time I booked a superior room expecting a better room and I was told at check in that my superior room has been upgraded to an even better ' delux' room since I was a GHA member. But this " Delux' room was significantly smaller than the basic standard room I stayed few months ago and had more or les the same facilities. Therefore I have lost faith in Parkroyals room upgrading and would stick to the basic standard room in future

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Amu2,
Thank you for your most recent review. It was a pleasure to be able to welcome you back. I was disappointed that you did not enjoy your complimentary upgrade to our Deluxe Rooms, which are situated on our highest floor. Rest assured that our rooms are the same size on all floors, with our suites, family and twin rooms being larger. As a GHA member, I hope that you did enjoy the benefits of complimentary internet and bottled water during your stay. I would like to thank you for highlighting your concerns, as it is through guest feedback that we are able to objectively review our product and services and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had booked the hotel with a hope to get a view of the runaway (oddly I am one of those who feels relaxed watching planes land or take off) but did not.

This is your airport hotel with better amenities and its proximity to the Melbourne Airport makes it ideal for catching very early morning flights or when you have a layover.

Room are very clean and comfortable although the room was slightly small allowing for limited mobility. The menu has international options as well as some local food options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rosalia D,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you found our location ideal and enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay with us. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy a runway view room during your stay, they are very popular and do sell out, but trust you enjoyed the view from our Airo Resturant. I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I always stay here before i travel internationally or on the way back and have never had a problem with the staff or the rooms. In fact one time i had a employee asked if i minded staying in room 666 and i had the option of changing but i didn't careabout the number but I wad asked, how nice. The staff are always friendly and happy and i never have a problem with them i'll definitely be back if need be keep up the good work!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Kaitlyn G,
Thank you for your recent review and your great comments about our team. I believe we have a fantastic team filled with great enthusiasm; it’s nice to know we are heading in the right direction. The team & I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Craig Syphers

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!