“Not cheap but super-convenient and very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Save Saved
You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Tullamarine
Melbourne, Australia
“Not cheap but super-convenient and very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am a Melbourne resident so rarely stay at the airport, but on this occasion we were in Sydney and I had to return for a meeting, which, very conveniently for the interstate visitors, was held at the Parkroyal.

As is always the case with these very convenient establishments being walking distance to the domestic and international terminals and transport to the City, it was not cheap at $305 for a single, including breakfast. However the room was very well appointed, very comfortable, and most importantly, very quiet.

The meeting room facilities and associated catering were excellent, and the support staff very helpful and courteous. The dining room experience at breakfast time was also excellent, with a vast array of food styles to suit all tastes, and from a personal perspective, the omelette made to my own specification was first class.

Overall a very pleasant experience, which I hope will be repeated.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front of the building overlooking the airport terminals and there was no aircraf...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Robert C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and had a very pleasant experience, in particular our great location, hotel facilities and excellent dining experience.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

722 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Used this hotel, coming from WA, as we had a business meeting there. Friendly staff, quick check-in, but for the rest just a standard massive airport hotel. Very annoyed by the excessive price for WiFi use at 9.90 A$ per hour or over 20 $ for a day. ParkRoyal is obviously not yet living in 2013. Interestingly another reviewer here had free WiFi also this month. I was resolutely told that that had never been the case when I phoned Reception about it.
Problem: aircraft noise.
Breakfast was OK but far too expensive too.
Conclusion: only if you really need to stay at the airport itself ParRoyal should be considered. Melbourne is too lovely a city to not take the short ride there and get much better value for money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Kiwi1956,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I was pleased to read you appreciated the friendly and efficient service our staff provided. I was however disappointed to hear you were given the wrong information about our Wi-Fi charges. Please accept my sincere apologies. You will be pleased to know that we offer complimentary internet access to our loyalty members.
I recommend you join our loyalty program, from the moment you sign up your first bonus is: Your choice of daily newspaper, complimentary bottled water and complimentary WIFI Internet which you receive for every stay. Further bonuses apply the more often you stay.
Once again, thank you so much for providing your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We use this Hotel a lot as most of our flights are early morning and it beats getting up around 4.00am to head to Melbourne Airport to catch a flight. Place is well run and rooms/suites very comfortable with no airside noise. Get place for overnights

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aissiebd,
Thank you for choosing stay with us again and sharing your great experience with your fellow travellers.
As a return guest, I was delighted to read you enjoyed our convenient location and our comfortable quiet rooms.
We certainly hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been trying to get in contact with anyone that will help from PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport for weeks now both by email and phone and they won't help me out.

I booked a room back in February 2013 for a one night stay in September before I flew out to the US early the next morning. Upon check in, I was told that I didn't have a booking and that the confirmation number I'd provided her was for a different date. The lovely lady that checked me in was very friendly and helped me not feel like a complete idiot and advised that there were plenty of rooms available for me to stay that night. She then proceeded to tell me that she'd cancelled the other booking and as I'd not paid for that room yet, she'd need to charge my credit card for the new booking. I didn't say anything at the time, but I was certain I'd already paid.

Long story short, I returned from my trip abroad and went back through my bank statements to see that I had in fact paid back when I originally made the booking. I've tried contacting by phone and email and no body ever contacts me back. This is why it's taking me so long to post a review for a stay in early September, I was hoping I could post something positive rather than negative.

The room itself though was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. The room wasn't what I'd originally booked, but given the circumstances I was happy to have a roof over my head. The view back to Melbourne CBD was great, and the Skybus was very cheap and had me into/out of the city in about 20 minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

we had an overnighter here as we had to catch a flight early the next day, great comfy beds, good in room dining and fast check out. will definitely stay again.--------------------------------------------------

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hamid H,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience with your fellow travelers.
I was glad to read you had a great stay, in particular our great comfy beds, good in room dining and express check out service. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.
The team and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back when you next fly out.
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable and so very handy to the airport, just across the road, and at 2 am that's about as far as you feel like walking. !
However, at that time of night you just want to check in and flop and they charge accordingly. It is not cheap and it is similar in decor as other hotels we have been in, you don't find anything extra, which is fine and it is very nice to be able to stay here if you really can't be bothered going further.
The bed is very comfortable and everything seems to work okay but in the morning the water in the shower was not hot.....Unforgiveable I think.
They also charge a lot for breakfast so we gave that a miss and went to the airport for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RubyAustralia,
Thank you for post your review on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read you appreciated our convenient location and comfortable beds. I was however disappointed to hear there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies; I can assure you that your experience is not of our usual standard. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will follow up with our team.
Burnie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The service and amenities were just great! It was so close to the Airport for that very early flight out! They also helped with printing out our online booking also. The room was wonderful too - thanks so much!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Marjorie W,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with your fellow travellers.
I was so glad to read you had a wonderful stay, in particular our location, the service and amenities. I will certainly be passing on your positive feedback to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Craig Syphers

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!