“No runway view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tullamarine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ballarat, Australia
“No runway view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here one night before doing the long trek to Boston.
We had paid for a runway view but when we got to out room we had a nice view of the car park.
It was late by this stage so we just went with it.
Apart from this the service was good.
Breakfast wasn't included so we ordered off the menu instead of the buffet which ended up costing the same amount
For both our breakfast as it would have for one buffet meal.
The breakfast was faultless. Our stay was short but overall we had a Very good expierence on our second return to this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear sparkles2,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
I was terribly disappointed to read some of your experience did not meet your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding you’ve been assigned a different room type upon check in. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will certainly pass you feedback onto our team to review and discuss further. I can assure you that your experience is not of our usual standard.
We trust we can welcoming you back again in the near future.
Craig Syphers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is truly amazing, not only is it as close to the airport as you can get without actually sleeping in the airport, the staff I give 12/10.... Every single staff member was so helpful and courteous....went out of their way to help. I hope the CEO is giving them all regular bonuses. I had one little problem with one of my rooms, I reported it, that room was shut down immediately for maintenance and I was contacted by management.
Seriously, anyone that stays here will have an amazing experience....and I haven't even said how divine the food was yet.
Don't let the price of the rooms put you off, yes, it is on the higher end of pricing, however you get what you pay for. I will certainly be staying again, every time I fly I plan to go up the night before just so I can sty.
Thank you ParkRoyal staff, you all are amazing.

Room Tip: I had the king room with runway views on my first stay. Then I had a king room with city views on my...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tracey B,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay.
I was so glad to read you had an amazing experience in our hotel, in particular the helpful and courteous service our staff provided.
I will certainly pass your positive feedback onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again when you next flight out.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in the evening after a long flight the room service menu was very limited. The staff on the phone did not no what the specials where and very unhelpful. It was to hard! We did not eat we where to tried to walk to mc Donald's.

The front of counter staff where great and checkout was easy and hassle free. The rooms where large and comfortable but the cost was expensive considering the room.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Andy W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
I was glad to hear you appreciated our large comfortable rooms and the service our Front Office team provided. I was however disappointed to read your room service experience did not meet your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies, rest assured I have noted your comments and will pass your feedback onto our Food and Beverage team.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we trust we can welcome you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Lovely hotel, very well kept, apart from a broken blind. Our room was opposite the lift and i wish people would be more considerate by not talking so loudly during the night...the doors are actually hard to close quietly.
Bathrooms are large and very nice and very clean.
I went to reception to ask for a book of instructions for the hotel as ours was missing, the receptionist wouldn't give me one (she was convinced we already had one) as a result i had to keep calling them to ask questions which was annoying.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Meredith4,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read you appreciated nice clean bathroom and our well-kept facilities. I was however disappointed to hear some of your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies, rest assured I have noted your comments and will pass your feedback onto our Front Office Department to review and discuss further.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having stayed here once before under a different hotel name I knew what to expect. The room I had was near identical to the previous stay.
A "superior" room was well fitted for the business traveller. Free access to wifi, a good working space and plenty of power outlets to charge phones and laptops.
Bathroom adequately equipped with high quality amenities, including good towels and a shower that functioned as showers should.
Bed was comfortable with an array of pillows to choose from.
Room service was ordered at 5pm when the menu stated dinner was at 6pm, no push back from them and meal was here promptly in 20 mins. The quality of the food was good.
Service manager called me to offer his ear should I have any requirements, this as a result of my agent contacting them. Nonetheless a professional approach to an obvious desire to provide an excellent service.
If I were picky, I'd point out the extreme dust on the mirror in the room ( picture below ) however I'm not, but worth mentioning for customer service development.
Obviously this is an airport hotel so you will hear planes, but the sound abatement attempts are excellent and a 2 min walk to the terminal without being exposed to the weather is great.
Having stayed in many airport hotels around the world this one offers a "superior" experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear David H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and you’ve been well looked after by our team. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will certainly pass your feedback onto our team.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
giffard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Excellent service, helpful staff, great position at airport, car park behind or half a block away, comfy room, great bed, sooo quiet, excellent shower and quality hygiene products. Very pleased I stayed here as hate that early morning rush to airport/parking/ etc etc. Just sleep well and walk over to departure lounge. Highly recommended !!!!

Room Tip: ask for room on East side, very quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear rarehols,
Thank you for sharing your experience and recommending us with your fellow travelers.
I was so glad to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, in particular our great location, hotel facilities and the helpful service our team provided. I will certainly be passing on your positive comments to the team here at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Living a few hours from the airport, we have stayed here before when it was a Hilton and we had early flights. It has always been convenient with nice clean rooms, but it seems better now it is a Parkroyal.

We booked a family room ( city view) for the three of us. Big, clean great. Only used 3 of the 4 beds (king and two singles). We were going on holidays so decided to kick start and have a few drinks in the bar the night before. Ended up ordering some exceptionally tasty very good quality snacks too.

Not sure in what situation you would need a 6 or 7 course degustation menu in an airport hotel.... But we had a look at the menu and based on what we had, and what was described it looked amazing.

The room only rate was $395... bit expensive for what it was I suppose.....but not given the locations and the convenience factor at 6am the next morning was priceless!

Big clean bathroom with separate shower too.... Hate those shower over bath affairs.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Aussie_Kate_08,
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, in particular our great location to the airport and hotel facilities. I will certainly pass on your great comments to the team.
Once again, thank you for highly recommending us to future travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back again when you next fly out.
Craig Syphers

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!