“Quite good for an airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tullamarine
Manila, Philippines
“Quite good for an airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed one night at ParkRoyal. The location is so convenient, being right in front of Melbourne Airport. The room was comfortable and clean. It also looked new or at least updated. It's a bit pricey but for the convenience and comfort, it's worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear MichLim_1971,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, we certainly agree with you regarding your comments about our great location.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Melbourne.
Craig Syphers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The location is probably the best thing about this hotel. Let it be a domestic flight or an international flight the hotel is right in front of the terminal and the walk is not even 10 minutes. The hotel probably need a renovation but the check in, sleep quality is not bad. I mean it is an airport hotel. The breakfast is pretty good as well.

Dear budsy987,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location to the airport, great breakfast and of course a good night sleep.
You will be pleased to know that we are continuing our upgrade programme with the replacement of all beds, new LCD TV’s, corridor carpets and the upgrade of our gymnasium.
We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport when you next visit Melbourne.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and i stayed here in a "superior king bedded room" for a night before and after travelling to Bora Bora for our honeymoon.

I chose this hotel solely because its so close to the airport and we had two early flights to catch. In this respect it didn't dissapoint. Could be any closer/easier!

Check in was polite and efficient. Our first impression was that the room was very dated and they obviously use the term "runway views" very loosely as you had to stand right at the corner and look at a sharp angle to see any of the runway! This wasn't a big deal though.

The best thing is the beds, probably one of the best nights sleep I've had! Even better than the luxury resorts we spent the coming week.

We also ate at the restaurant the night of our first stay and must say it was one of the best dinner experiences we've had. The service was outstanding and the food even better!

Whilst its obvious your paying solely for the location and is otherwise quite expensive for what you get we would definately stay here again in the same circumstances. Its just so convenient!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Metalmik84,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable new beds and the polite efficient service our team provided, I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team.
Thanks for the great feedback regarding the meal and service you received in our Restaurant, our Food & Beverage team will be delighted to hear your feedback.
We trust you had a lovely trip and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was in Melbourne for a training session and had to leave the hotel at 6:30am.
when i went to have a shower i found that there was no hot water. i left the tap running for about 3 minutes and all i got was ice water. i tried the hand basin, same problem.
when i spoke to reception i was told the it is a big hotel and you may need to run the water for 10 minutes before it heats up. not only is this very inconvenient, it would also be a disgusting waste of water. There was no offer to try and fix the issue. It was just too bad.
A bit of customer service training wouldn't go astray.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Earl M,
Thank you for post your review on tripadvisor.
I was disappointed to read that some of your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the incorrect information you have been given, rest assured I have noted your comment regarding the issue with hot water and the way we handled the issue. I will pass your feedback onto our Front Office and Engineering Departments.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we trust we can welcome you back in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Other than convenience, the ParkRoyal looks fatigued. Nice rooms overlooking the runway, with great soundproofing. Room service was relatively prompt late at night, and my needs were accomodated, but no "delight", extraordinary service or memorable comforts. These aspects have to be balanced by being within easy and short walking distance to all terminals. A quick lunch downstairs on my arrival day was plain and acceptable. Hotel lobby restaurants are usuallly cool and efficient meeting places. This one had convenience but not much else.

Room Tip: Runway side is spectacular
Dear geraldq,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I was pleased to read you appreciated our convenient location, quiet rooms with nice runway view and the prompt service our staff provided.
We trust we can welcome you back again in the future.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a 6 AM flight out of Melbourne Airport. The location of this motel made it so simple, and the staff were first rate. Considering how close it is to the airport, I was astounded at how quiet it was. Thank you so much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear sharonhall,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was glad to read you enjoyed our convenient location, quiet rooms and the service our staff provided. I will certainly pass on your positive feedback to the team.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bordertown, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a terrible way to end a week away. I often have an overnight in Melbourne when going OS. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn but decided this time to try the Parkroyal. What a mistake that was.Firstly the staff at reception were vastly superior to me and were unhelpful to say the least. I felt like I was treated like an imbecile and that I was surplus top their needs. I arrived late and was leaving early so I asked to have my boarding pass for the next days flight printed. I was directed to a printer by the bar that didnt work so I returned to reception and was told i would need to wait until 8am the following morning for the business centre to open. The young executive told me that there was nothing he could do while he was entering something on a pc.
The room had stains on the carpet and the grout in the shower needed cleaning. Considering the the amount I paid for 7 hours was nearly the same as I paid for a week in Fiji I was hugely disappointed. I wont be back and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn once again.

Room Tip: If you get room 740 ask for another.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear mackozie,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
I was disappointed to read your experience did not meet your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies. Guest reviews enable us to monitor our standards; the unhelpful response you received is certainly not acceptable. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will pass your feedback on our Front Office Department to review and follow up.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and we hope to be provided with another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Craig Syphers

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!