“Comfortable airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Save Saved
You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book in Advance and Save!
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Tullamarine
Brisbane, Australia
“Comfortable airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here recently for a business meeting early the next morning. Comfotable modernized rooms with good breakfast and dinner food. Convenient for Melbourne flights and connected by walkways to the departure and arrival areas.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear HDavidMc,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable rooms breakfast and dinner in Airo Restaurant.
We trust you had a successful meeting and look forward to welcoming you back to the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport when you next visit Melbourne.

743 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before flying home and found the room to be superb as was the service. The restaurant was also superb, a really high standard of food.

Wifi isn't free, as is the. Ate in much of Australia it seems, but it was actually pretty reasonable compared to some ones I have used.

The hotel is literally a 5 minute walk to the airport over a bridge, or you can cross over the street which is full of taxis and coaches.

A really excellent and quality hotel.

Stayed April 2013
Dear Marcus9000,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel including our convenient location, the service our team provided, high standard rooms and food in Airo Restaurant.
You will be pleased to know we offer free internet access to our loyalty members or when booking our Superior and above room types.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Park Royal Melbourne airport several times and always appreciated the convenience of being located directly across from the main arrival/departure area at Tullamarine. The rooms are spacious, well laid-out and the bathrooms are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Beds are very comfortable, which is especially welcome after a long flight from Asia, and although the hotel is so close to the airport, noise is not a problem. On my most recent visit, I accidentally left my address book in the room when I checked out, and when I came back an hour later, it was no problem to re-access the room and find my item - the staff were exceptionally friendly about this. I've also eaten at the restaurant several times and have used it as a congenial place to have dinner with friends before departing for overseas. Well done, Park Royal - keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear profjenny,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay.
As a regular guest, I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, spacious rooms, functional bathrooms, comfortable new beds and the service our team provided. It is nice to know we seem to be heading in the right direction. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I arrived very late at night on a flight from Hong Kong. I had never stayed at Melbourne airport before and, being alone, was rather apprehensive about how I'd find the hotel and what it would be like. But it's so easy to locacte. Just exit from the international terminal and it's right across the road and a little to your right.

Staff were efficient and I was in my room in minutes. I'd booked for one person but was given a huge room which could have accomodated a family of four. Very clean, modern and well furnished. It faced onto a parking lot but I did not hear a thing. As the room was at the end of a corridor it was one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in. So if you want a quiete room ask for one facing the parking lot at the end of the corridor.

Check out was fast. And I was back in the airport for my connecting flight in minutes and using the free wifi in the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tripster29,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel include our convenient location, spacious quiet rooms and the efficient service our team provided.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed for one night before an early flight to China. We were in Melbourne for the footy and rather than travel home to Geelong (approx 1 hour trip) and back again early the next morning we decided to spend the night at the Parkroyal.

We parked our car in the long term car park and caught the bus to the terminal. We then walked across the bridge to the short term car park and caught the lift to the hotel. Could not be easier.

I booked a bed and breakfast package with a standard room for $280 directly on the hotel website. When we arrived the reception clerk who checked us in told us he upgraded our room category twice to a deluxe?? I think, which was appreciated. It is always nice to get an unexpected upgrade.

Room was on the 9th floor facing the runway and and although we at times "felt" the rumble of the jet engines it was surprisingly quiet.

King bed was comfortable and room was clean and had all the necessary amenities, including tea and coffee making gear.

Bathroom was spacious with separate bath and large shower.

The carpet in the corridors was a bit worn but the room had new carpet and the furniture was all in good condition.

In the morning we took our check in bags over the bridge to the checkin counters and checked in and then returned to the hotel and had breakfast. It is great that you don't have to catch a shuttle bus - this airport hotel is actually at the airport which is awesome. It only takes a couple of minutes to walk to checkin. Buffet breakfast was perfectly adequate.

We returned to our room to freshen up and use the facilities before checking out and heading through immigration. The bill that had been placed under our door the night before was incorrect ($340) so I went down to reception and showed the clerk the confirmation that I had printed out and he apologised and amended it for me. We all make mistakes but I believe it is how they are handled that makes the difference and this was well handled so I went away happy.

Would definitely stay at the Parkroyal again if we have an early morning flight, it made the morning very unrushed and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Geel0nggirl,
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel including our comfortable new beds, clean rooms, spacious bathroom, convenient location and the service our team provided.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Geilo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived in Melbourne after almost 24 hours of travelling. It was seven in the morning and we were exhausted after the long flight. We decided to get some sleep before starting our holiday.
PARKROYAL was an excellent choice. We grabbed our baggage and didn`t have to walk more than 50 meters before inside the hotel.
Friendly staff, efficient checkin.
We were handed a sign to put on the doorknob that said "Late checkout, do not disturb" so we didn`t have to worry about maids knocking on the door just a few hours later.The curtains in the hotelroom were opaque and thick walls made it a almost totally soundproof room. Even though we went to sleep as most people wake up in the morning, there were no noise from adjacent rooms. We got six hours of deep sleep, and as we checked out we were more than ready to start our adventure in Australia. The best airport hotel I`ve ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elise1512,
Thank you for spending the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable rooms and the friendly efficient service our team provided.
We trust you had a nice visit in Australia and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Camperdown, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed there when travelling on to Sydney, nice greeting at reception, well looked after by the bar staff and the meal in the restaurant was really good. When we left I made a point of going over and thanking the chef and the kitchen staff. Good to just walk over to the airport in the morning. My pet hate, cheap toilet paper but would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ian J,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, the meals in Airo Restaurant and the service our team provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Melbourne.
Craig Syphers

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!