“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Save Saved
You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book in Advance and Save!
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Tullamarine
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I arrived very late at night on a flight from Hong Kong. I had never stayed at Melbourne airport before and, being alone, was rather apprehensive about how I'd find the hotel and what it would be like. But it's so easy to locacte. Just exit from the international terminal and it's right across the road and a little to your right.

Staff were efficient and I was in my room in minutes. I'd booked for one person but was given a huge room which could have accomodated a family of four. Very clean, modern and well furnished. It faced onto a parking lot but I did not hear a thing. As the room was at the end of a corridor it was one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in. So if you want a quiete room ask for one facing the parking lot at the end of the corridor.

Check out was fast. And I was back in the airport for my connecting flight in minutes and using the free wifi in the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Tripster29,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel include our convenient location, spacious quiet rooms and the efficient service our team provided.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed for one night before an early flight to China. We were in Melbourne for the footy and rather than travel home to Geelong (approx 1 hour trip) and back again early the next morning we decided to spend the night at the Parkroyal.

We parked our car in the long term car park and caught the bus to the terminal. We then walked across the bridge to the short term car park and caught the lift to the hotel. Could not be easier.

I booked a bed and breakfast package with a standard room for $280 directly on the hotel website. When we arrived the reception clerk who checked us in told us he upgraded our room category twice to a deluxe?? I think, which was appreciated. It is always nice to get an unexpected upgrade.

Room was on the 9th floor facing the runway and and although we at times "felt" the rumble of the jet engines it was surprisingly quiet.

King bed was comfortable and room was clean and had all the necessary amenities, including tea and coffee making gear.

Bathroom was spacious with separate bath and large shower.

The carpet in the corridors was a bit worn but the room had new carpet and the furniture was all in good condition.

In the morning we took our check in bags over the bridge to the checkin counters and checked in and then returned to the hotel and had breakfast. It is great that you don't have to catch a shuttle bus - this airport hotel is actually at the airport which is awesome. It only takes a couple of minutes to walk to checkin. Buffet breakfast was perfectly adequate.

We returned to our room to freshen up and use the facilities before checking out and heading through immigration. The bill that had been placed under our door the night before was incorrect ($340) so I went down to reception and showed the clerk the confirmation that I had printed out and he apologised and amended it for me. We all make mistakes but I believe it is how they are handled that makes the difference and this was well handled so I went away happy.

Would definitely stay at the Parkroyal again if we have an early morning flight, it made the morning very unrushed and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Geel0nggirl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel including our comfortable new beds, clean rooms, spacious bathroom, convenient location and the service our team provided.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport in the future.
Geilo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We arrived in Melbourne after almost 24 hours of travelling. It was seven in the morning and we were exhausted after the long flight. We decided to get some sleep before starting our holiday.
PARKROYAL was an excellent choice. We grabbed our baggage and didn`t have to walk more than 50 meters before inside the hotel.
Friendly staff, efficient checkin.
We were handed a sign to put on the doorknob that said "Late checkout, do not disturb" so we didn`t have to worry about maids knocking on the door just a few hours later.The curtains in the hotelroom were opaque and thick walls made it a almost totally soundproof room. Even though we went to sleep as most people wake up in the morning, there were no noise from adjacent rooms. We got six hours of deep sleep, and as we checked out we were more than ready to start our adventure in Australia. The best airport hotel I`ve ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elise1512,
Thank you for spending the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable rooms and the friendly efficient service our team provided.
We trust you had a nice visit in Australia and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Camperdown, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed there when travelling on to Sydney, nice greeting at reception, well looked after by the bar staff and the meal in the restaurant was really good. When we left I made a point of going over and thanking the chef and the kitchen staff. Good to just walk over to the airport in the morning. My pet hate, cheap toilet paper but would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ian J,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, the meals in Airo Restaurant and the service our team provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Melbourne.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked this hotel through Qantas and was overall impressed with our 1 night stay. We were upgraded to a runway view room upon check in, which was smooth and quick. The beds in the deluxe rooms are Heaven sadly same can not be said for the pillows, they're like hell which is my only criticism of this hotel. If had another early morning flight would choose to stay here again

Room Tip: Runway view rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear bam1828,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you appreciated the runway view rooms and comfortable new beds. I was however disappointed to hear the pillow in you room did not meet your expectation. Rest assured I have noted your comment and will pass your feedback onto our Housekeeping Department.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

For an airport hotel, this one really exceeded my expectations. I only stayed one short night on a layover but it was easy enough to get to (signage to lead you from inside the airport), had no problems checking in, and then was very impressed with the room. Very clean, and quite nice! Roomy and had everything I looked for. When I went to plug in my phone by the night stand, I was again impressed that they had put in an extension from the outlet on the wall out past the nightstand for convenience (i.e. I didn't have to move furniture trying to plug in my phone, which happened to me other places in Australia). Little details like this make a difference to me. Didn't take advantage of the bar/lounge area because I arrived so late, but it did appear to be open and looked very nice.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone flying out of Melbourne or on a layover.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MerryA,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and we exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team.
Once again, thank you for recommending us to future travellers and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

OK, it's an airport hotel and it does its job. Close to the terminal, it was easy to get to. I arrived tired after a long flight. Small mixup at check-in eventually sorted out. Room was fine, well maintained (although missing an iron) and quiet. The restaurant and bar were busy and lively. I had a cold beer at the bar and a decent enough club sandwich from the bar menu rather than bothering with the restaurant. As with the check-in people, service was efficient but not particularly friendly. Wi-fi is expensive at $20, the sort of thing that annoys overseas visitors (and locals like me). Overall, it was no better than the Holiday Inn nearby (where I stayed the week before) and more expensive. Probably will not stay again if other places are available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tom D,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us.
I was pleased to read you appreciated our convenient location to the airport. I was however disappointed to hear some of your experience did not meet your expectation. Please accept my personal apologies. Rest assured I have noted your comments and will pass your feedback onto our team to review and discuss further.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we trust we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Craig Syphers

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!