We stayed there for one night as we had an early morning flight the next day. On booking in we were told that we had to pay for the room for the night! We had paid on booking 2 months earlier. We explained this but we were told NO we needed to pay. It wasn't until I started quoting the date it was paid etc that they finally found our booking. There was no apology no nothing about the 'mix up'.
Our room was ok, but the desk chair in the room was stained so badly that even to look at it made me sick. The carpet had long threads hanging loose and was stained. The bathroom shower base had mould on the grout. There was a large piece of wood missing around the bar fridge area. The bed was fortunately comfortable and the bedding clean.
Trying to book a early wake up call. It took a very long time for the desk to answer. Trying to orgainse room service for dinner was hopless, no one answered the phone so I gave up.
We had coffee in the cafe area, the coffe was lovely but the seats and carpet there all need to be replaced as they are badly stained. It took ages to find a couple of chairs that weren't too bad to sit on.
We had dinner that night in the restaurant, the food and service was delicious and I would certainly recommend the restaurant to anyone wanting a fine meal. The waitress's were exceptional. This was the only redeeming feature of our stay.
Considering the name of this hotel and the prices they charge, I expected more that the couldn't care less attitude of the staff at the checkin desk and I certainly expected the standard of the hotel to be a lot better than it was. The entire place needs a refit of carpets and chairs.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Melbourne Airport Hotel
- Parkroyal Melbourne Airport Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport hotel Feel connected at a hotel linked directly to the Melbourne Tullamarine Airport PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport offers an unrivaled connection to Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. Rest before a flight or refresh yourself before heading home at our hotel, conveniently located adjacent to the airport with 276 spacious guest rooms. Enjoy city skyline and Runway views then walk directly to the terminal via skybridge from the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport hotel. Our friendly PARKROYAL People are on hand to help you discover the area’s best kept secrets. You’re just minutes away from Melbourne’s top sights and attractions. Explore the local neighbourhood or take a 10 minute drive to discover the popular Sunbury Wine Region. Or venture a little further to experience the hustle and bustle of Melbourne city centre, a haven of secret cafes, fashion finds and lush parklands just 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.