“It's an Airport Hotel - Nothing more, nothing less” 3 of 5 stars
Review of PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport

Save Saved
You added PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport to your Saves list
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrival Drive, Melbourne Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Tullamarine
Sydney, Australia
“It's an Airport Hotel - Nothing more, nothing less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed in twin bedded room for 2 adults and 2 kids (under 12) - which was perfect even though reservations said a Family Room ($50 more) would suit us better. Rooms were large and very quiet.
Check-in was quite fast, even though it took a while to find me as my name was spelt incorrectly. (these things happen)
TV, bathroom, amenities were all good and we used the pool with the kids. No towels around, so had to use the gym micro-towels to dry. Restaurant was nice but expensive (where else can u go?) - Room service was quite poor, 2 stuff ups and the 3rd time having to be delivered by the F&B Manager with sincere apologies (we were not charged)
Breakfast was extensive (ours was included in the rate)
Easy checkout.
Don't plan to stay again unless there are no other options

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear AlphaVictor2,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay.
I was pleased to read your check in and check out experience was easy and efficient and our team were able to assist. However I was disappointed to hear there were no towels available around the pool area and that your in room dining experience did not meet expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies. Rest assured I have noted your comments and have passed the feedback onto our Housekeeping Department and Food & Beverage team.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we trust we can welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.

723 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is right at Tullamarine Airport and has a walkway across to the Domestic or International Terminals.
We always stay at this hotel when travelling overseas because of its convenience.
The staff are very pleasant and courteous and the rooms are quite large and the bed very comfortable.
The room has the double type blinds which are good if you want to sleep during the day.

Room Tip: I always like a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Catherine B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay including our convenient location, nice rooms with double blinds, comfortable new beds and friendly team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Dropped off our hire car without any problem. Everything was so easy. Rooms superb. Staff excellent. Even a walkway from the hotel to departures which was great. NO complaints whatsoever. When we use the airport again we will use this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
GMPRMLA, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear cornbeefhash,
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay including our convenient location, nice rooms and friendly team.
Nowra NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked a standard room for 2 nights. The rooms were a great size, with a full size bathroom. The bed was AMAZING! The rooms were serviced regularly to a high standard.
Quite pricey.
Room service was a bit of a let down which was sad because dining options were not readily available due to location. I would only choose to stay at this hotel again purely for the convenience of the airport being so incredibly close (connecting bridge). Otherwise it's just too far from anything really.
Check in and out was a breeze and service was of a high standard.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Josephine C,
Thank you for spending the time to share your experience.
I was pleased to read you were happy with our rooms, bathrooms and our new beds. I was disappointed you found room service to be a let down. We do cater for our clientele with 24 hours room service being located right at Melbourne Airport.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I regularly stay here on my trips to Melbourne. The hotel is conveniently located opposite the terminal building and above the rental car centers, and has everything you need for a short stay. The service is friendly and efficient, the food in the bar and room service is consistently good and the building has a gym and swimming pool. The rooms are basic and a little worn but spacious and very clean. I often get a room overlooking the airport runway. It can be a little noisy at times, especially around midnight, although it's not a big problem for me (I'm a very light sleeper and just pop in some earplugs). As a gold member I also get complimentary internet and bottled water. Worth joining.

Room Tip: I normally book through Wotif as the cancellation policy is generally better than booking through th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear WDUK,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, especially our convenient location, friendly and efficient service our team provided, consistently good food and membership benefits.
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The location is very convenient for people like myself who often have to catch an early flight and driving from the country. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, but the furniture has a chip here and there with the odd stain on upholstery. The carpet in my room was ready for replacement, showing fraying edges at the joint. But the carpet in the corridor was looking pretty good. Lets see if it makes it past the door next time I visit. The bathroom had a cracked floor tile, while another was drummy. To top it off a door stop to bathroom door was ripped out leaving a hole in the tile.

The restaurant food was quite good and staff was very attentive, but again the furniture needs to go.

I have stayed in this hotel many times when it was called Hilton and now I understand why Hilton passed it on. It is showing signs of being tired. Considering the room rates something needs to be done to justify them.

One more comment, I missed a biscuit with my cup of tea.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Krakonosh,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable rooms, nice food and attentive service our team provided. Rest assured I have noted your comments and passed them onto our team. Guest feedback certainly enables us to monitor our standards and prioritize capital expenditure.
Our new carpet replacement project continues with the 5th floor Meeting & Events area and our guest corridors completed in June last year. We have also scheduled furniture and equipment replacement in our Airo Restaurant and Bar for 2013.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and highlighting your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

An excellent Airport Hotel with excellent facilities and bright, spacious rooms. I stayed at this hotel many times when it was a Hilton and expected the hotel to have aged a little since I last stayed. The rooms and corridors are still in excellent condition and it is one of the better airport hotels in Australia without a doubt.
Unbelievably convenient for the airport and well appointed - I'd recommend this hotel for the business traveller on a short overnight stay or anyone wanting to relax pre or post an interstate or international flight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fraser G,
Thank you for recommending our hotel to your fellow travellers.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that our location is still second to none.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Michael Johnson

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!