“Great value & location (if catching a flight!)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

You added Mantra Tullamarine Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Trade Park Drive | Tullamarine Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3043, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Park Stay Fly
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tullamarine
Swan Hill, Australia
“Great value & location (if catching a flight!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Mantra Tullamarine during May. It was a really enjoyable overnight stay. As we had a really early morning flight the next morning we organised the shuttle the previous day, the whole process couldn't of been smoother. Parking was also easy. Staff were fairly helpful.

The rooms themselves are fantastic for a stop over and if we had to stay near the airport again I wouldn't hesitate to book here again. Really quiet and had a great sleep in a nice dark room! Modern interiors and great value for money.

• Stayed May 2013
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear 'Casey H'

Thankyou for your recent review about your stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel !

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us. We are the perfect option for a short overnight stay for an early morning departure, or even a late night arrival

Thankyou for commenting on the 'ease' of arrival and stay. My team have been working really hard on ensuring that our customer experience is as seamless as possible, given that travel can sometimes be a little disruptive.

I hope to see you again soon

Rob Everett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before an early morning flight home the next day due to its proximity to the airport without being overly expensive. The room was pleasant and clean, the bed is one of the more comfortable I have ever had at a hotel. The staff were efficient and helpful. A lovely stay even though we were only there for a quick overnight stop.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 'Ben G'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about your stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am really pleased you had a great stay and found the hotel to your liking. I too, agree that our beds are fantastic - thankyou for noticing this.

Once again, really appreciate your review

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

When we entered our room, we discovered that the shelf that all the coffee cups and glasses were on had collapsed. Everything was broken! I immediately called reception to ask if housekeeping could come up to our room, to clean the mess up and to replace the broken cups and glasses. I was told that they will try to find someone to fix the problem. Later I was told I would have to wait till tomorrow apparently there is no one on duty to fix the problem. I wanted to make a cup of coffee for myself that night, and asked if at the very least we could get replacements to use in the meantime. I was told nothing they can do and I had to wait the next day. What a disappointing level of care! If they couldn't give us replacements for the broken cups and glasses in our room on that night so we could make our own tea and coffee, they could have given us complimentary beverages from room service! I still have to wait the following day mid-day before the mess could be cleaned up and when I requested to fix the bathroom, I discovered later that they just replaced the towel, no shampoo, conditioner or soap provided. I had to call the reception again on the third day to complain then the housekeeping staff came and offered us conditioner (it's available but was never left in the bathroom during the service).

Room service was TREMENDOUSLY SLOW!!! I ordered a bowl of chips at around 1.15 AM. An hour and a half later my order hadn't arrived, and I received a call from reception. The gentleman I spoke to told me that they needed another 20 minutes to make the chips as they needed to replaced the oil. Without apologizing for the RIDICULOUS delay, he asked "do you still want your chips?"... I thought they had forgotten about my order, and frankly informing me over an hour later about needing to change the oil in the deep fryer and needing MORE time to make my order is UNACCEPTABLE. No apologies were made, and when I mentioned it at reception the lady I spoke to just said sorry to hear that. Very disappointed the way it was handled.

We stayed at the hotel for perhaps 4 days. During that time, I noticed that housekeeping didn't clean the bathroom the next two days. Their idea of cleaning the bathroom is removing old bath towels and replacing them. Consequentially, an unsightly amount of soap scum built up on the shower's glass doors. When staying at a hotel, I shouldn't expect to see that at all. We also noticed that despite the fact that there were two of us, we only received 1 shampoo and 2 soap bars for the first two days. No conditioner at all. At a MANTRA hotel, we would expect that guests would receive these basics. In all fairness, we did get another shampoo and two conditioners after calling reception to complain a few days later. I did ask the reception if the housekeeping staff are only allowed to put one shampoo for a twin room but was told she doesn't know - "doesn't work in housekeeping department."

It's a standard airport hotel - a little overpriced (Internet for $25.00 a day, with a really small download limit!!!...800MB), but exactly what you'd expect. Clean room, and reasonably clean public areas. There is an airport shuttle, but apparently you can't use it to come and go from the hotel to the airport as you please. Your reservation at the hotel comes with a limit (MAKE SURE AIRPORT TRANSFER IS INCLUDED IN YOUR RESERVATION). I saw a guest at reception arguing about hotel transfer - he thought it was included and ended up paying $9.00 for it instead (one way for one person).

Room Tip: I The facilities aren't quite as polished. Many rooms overlook a car park, not the lovely vie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear 'newyorker91'

Thankyou for your recent review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

Upon reading your review, it is clear to me that your stay was far from what i would expect any guest to have at the hotel.

I am disappointed that the hotel team took so long to react to the broken shelf in your room and clean up the items. I also note your poor room service experience. This is clearly unacceptable. My apologies !

Your constructive feedback has been an important discussion tool at my daily hotel briefing. I can assure you that my team were as shocked as me, to read about your experience.

We will contact you in person, to respond directly & resolve.

Once again, please accept my apologies

Traralgon Vic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here last Thurs before early flight. I decided I was too tight to pay the Park Royal or Holiday Inn prices. Has a great park & stay package with shuttle to and from the airport. We checked in round 8.30pm and allegedly received an upgrade. I was exhausted and freezing and should have slept like a log. Had to turn heating off as it was too noisy. Strangely turning the heating off was the very thing that warmed the room up!! The double bed mattress was spongy and uncomfortable. I really didn't care because I was so tired! I fell asleep around 10pm only to be woken up by a call from reception at 11pm telling us our smoke alarm was going off and a staff member would be up to check the room. It was all downhill from there. I'd had my nap and both my partner and I spent the night tossing and turning on that horrendous bed. Every time someone walked in and out of another room on our floor we heard it. Loud obnoxious drunks (that's usually me) in the hallway talking at the top of their lungs. It wasn't all bad. Shower was good, staff were friendly, shuttle was well organized. If it's comfort you're after stay at the Park Royal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 'purc77'

I am pleased that you decided to choose this hotel due to our great Park/Stay/Fly package we have going - I agree, it is a great deal, at a great rate !

I am sorry that your sleep was interupted during the night due to the smoke alarm, bed issues and some late night, noisy guests.

Let me apologise regarding the smoke alarm. Unfortunately it did go off during the night, and by law we have to investigate any alarm, no matter what the time, or what set it off. I do understand that this was bad timing.

My team at the hotel try their best to communicate with noisy guests. I am sorry that they interupted your sleep - my understanding was that the hotel team spoke to the guests in concern, and this was resolved quickly

I note your comments on the beds - I am sorry to read this. Usually our beds are very well received, and we are often providing details of the bedding supplier to guests for them to purchase for home. But having said that, I understand that everyone is different, so please accept my apologies !

I am more than happy to discuss these issues in person, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel

Once again, thankyou for your feedback

Auckland New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Friendly, convieniently placed to Melbourne Airport.
Room and bathroom good size, comfortable bed , clean , decent size TV
Dined in restaurant , although food was average , service was terrible , because of understaffing.
Overall a pleasant stay , but only dine there if youve no other option

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear 'Manchester45'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review regarding Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased that you found the hotel friendly and convenient for your needs.

I note you comments regarding the restaurant. Let me assure you that I will be personally looking into this. We have recently changed our menu and working very hard on F&B training - so you will see an improvement in this space very soon

Once again, thankyou for your feedback

Kind Regards

sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for 8 hrs and the charge was 99$ but they charged 199$ in my credit card after my checkout as saying its "security money". I have never ever heard of such a policy in any hotel i have ever stayed. They gave me receipt for 99$ but my debit card is charged for 189$ which I dont understand what logic is behind this.I tried to ask but the person at the reception was busy with another ph call and I was running late for my flight. Very poor customer service. I had to come down twice with my key as it wont even work. I would never recommend anyone to stay in this hotel honestly..i wasted my 99$ on this stupid hotel plus my 100$ is still pending to be refunded into my card!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear 'sud b'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am sorry that your stay with us was let down by the credit card authourisation experience with the front desk team.

It is normal practice for most hotels to take a 'pre-authorisation' from a credit card, in this case $100 on top of the $99 rate. I can assure you that the hotel does not charge an additional $100. You will certainly see that this money has been released back into your account, by the bank

I am very sorry that this was not better communicated with you upon check-in - please accept my apologies.

Should you wish to discuss this matter directly, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards

Cairns
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Jetstar put us up here overnight due to a flight delay. Reception very busy but staff efficient and friendly. Told we didn't have dinner included when we did.
Went to room, keys wouldn't work, rejoin the queue at reception for new keys which worked this time. All good
The restaurant is a different story. We didn't fancy the small choice on the flight delay menu and were not allowed to put the $30 value towards something off the main menu! Why not? The choices were on both menus!
We therefore paid for the dinner from our own pocket. Service was slack, lot's of very young staff who didn't seem to have an area allocated to them.
The Antipasto entree was straight out of packets and poor quality. The three pigs starter, ribs, shoulder and belly all came in buns. lucky i asked! The first attempt was cold so i sent it back, second attempt was cold again so once more returned and i changed to the linguine which was fine. Who tries the menu? Why put small portions of meat in a bun on top of cold lettuce then pile chilled relish on top. It's bound to be cold quick!
Having said that, they only charged for my wifes main even though i was happy to pay for my linguine so redeemed themselves to a degree.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear 'mrpigCairns'

Thnakyou for taking the time to review Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

Whilst I am pleased you stayed with us, I am sorry to hear it was due to a flight delay.

Clearly the last thing you need when you have to spend an unexpected night at a hotel, is small issues that compound into bigger ones. Please accept my apologies regarding your keys not working.

I note your comments on the restaurant meal and the airline allowance issues. Please be assured I will be looking at this closely - ultimately things need to make sense to our guests no matter what the reason for staying.

A delayed flight can be a challenge for any hotel & the team working, however I appreciate your feedback on the team working around the hotel. We will certainly work hard to understand the issues & get them resolved

I really hope we get to accomodate you in the future, albeit under better circumstances, so we can prove that we can get it right !

Once again, thankyou for your feedback - it helps us get better

Rob Everett

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!