“Mantra Tullamarine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

You added Mantra Tullamarine Hotel to your Saves list
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Trade Park Drive | Tullamarine Airport, Tullamarine, Victoria 3043, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Park Stay Fly
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tullamarine
Townsville, Australia
“Mantra Tullamarine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Excellent service up arrival and a very efficient bus service from Melbourne airport - a short 5 or 6 minute trip.

The room was a generous size for my 4 night stay - very clean, tidy and well presented. I was upgraded to the 7th floor with views across to the west of Tullamarine.

Rooms service meals were the same as the restaurant offerings. Very generous quantity and very tasty.

Only off-putting thing was a very rude Japanese lady at the table next to me for breakfast who obviously thought that burping out loud (very loud - TWICE!!) is an acceptable practice. She can go back home anytime..............

Room Tip: As for room upgrade to the upper levels if you are staying a few nights.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear 'AUS22897'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about your experience at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased that you had a good 4 night stay and were able to make full use of the hotel facilities.

The hotel does have some great views the higher up in the building you go - especially watching the planes land when they are coming in from the south !

Once again, thankyou for your review - its appreciated !

Rob Everett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our flight was due out at 9.00 am. We were off to Bali for 8 days and booked the car in at a car park off the airport at $96.00 Decided to check airport hotels for 1 night accommodation and found the Mantra at Trade Park Drive, offered a Park-n-Fly deal at $199.00 per room and 7 night parking, plus shuttle to & from hotel. We thought this a good option. Had an evening meal at the pleasantly priced restaurant and offered a free wine or beer with our meal. Nice room even if overlooking the car park, it was 1 nt we didn't care. Staff were really lovely, phoned for shuttle pickup about 1.30 am, all good. Bright & cheery driver, our first time at how the car park is shared with United Shuttle & how it all works but all went well. Will do this again.

Room Tip: We arrived the afternoon before we were to fly out, so took a snack with us. Ask how much bread yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear 'davmar70'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am pleased you were able to try out the 'Park/Stay/Fly' package we have on offer at the moment. It is proving very popular and the perfect alternative to a taxi, ie its nice to have your car with you, especially if you are coming from a distance away.

Good to see you had a meal in the restaurant, and an opportunity to relax with a glass of wine - another reason to stay the night before an international flight !

And yes, the shuttle service runs 24/7 - so matter what time you arrive or depart the airport, we cater to your needs

Thanks again for your review - its appreciated !

Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family and I flew overnight from Phuket to Perth, then Perth to Melbourne. Upon arriving looked at the accommodation board at arrivals..Mantra free pick up and drop off, 15% discount, close to the airport. Bingo, that's us..well we made the right choice..The check in was easy, up to the room, nicely appointed..we did overlook the carpark but drew the lovely curtains, problem solved. We had interconnecting rooms. Up to the enclosed roof top spa over looking the lights of the suburb. Nice temperature. Back down to the room and into one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in!! 6pm. We weren't bothered about the wifi etc.. Next morning free shuttle back to the airport for our flight back to Auckland. If I am ever in transit again, I will be staying at the Mantra. Thankyou..was a lovely way to end the holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear 'lorrainehoward'

Thankyou for you recent review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am really pleased that you chose to stay at the hotel at short notice, and after such a long flight ! I agree that the hotel is a great option and perfect stopover for anyone visiting Melbourne Airport, and with the shuttle service, an easy experience.

Thankyou for commenting on the rooftop indoor spa - you are right in saying that once night hits, the view & lights are very relaxing - and its one of the hidden secrets of the hotel

I am pleased you enjoyed the beds - they are very comfy - thanks for noticing this

I hope to see you in the future at the hotel, and once again, thanks for your great review

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have stayed here on two occasions. The service and the rooms are excellent as is the food. But the real story here is about the exceptional staff. We arrived at Easter on Good Friday night and at the airport the car hire firm did not have a car for us even though we had a confirmed booking. We had to get to our daughter's engagement the next day in country Victoria. The Mantra staff were just outstanding and even tried 5 car hire firms for us and made arrangements in case we could not get a car as unbooked cars were scarce. They told us not to worry gave us vouchers for two free drinks while we had some food in the bar. We We were lucky enough to get a car on the saturday and the hotel dropped us off at two possible car hire places at the airport one of which still had a car. They were not willing to rest until we were happy. We were just so impressed and won't hesitate to stay there again. Apart from all of that it is convenient to be so close to the airport and a quality place to stay where the staff make you feel almost like one of the family. Extraordinary service but it's just what happens normally there. They get our highest recommendation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and its close to the airport
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear 'Nadebaum'

Thankyou for writing about your recent stay at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel over Easter.

I am really pleased that the hotel team were able to resolve the car hire issue you experienced during your recent trip to Melbourne. I know that over a public holiday weekend with your daughters engagement the next day, this would be the last thing you need !

Whether we like it or not, occassionally things do go wrong, and I believe that its a true test of any hotel (or business) on how well they handle the situation. As a hotel that occassionally see's guests delayed due to flight changes - this ability to react is a priority for us.

My team have been really working hard to putting themselves in their customers shoes, and I think this is a great example that the team are trying very hard to improve. Thankyou for sharing this story !

I hope the next time you stay with us, you let me know, so i can 'say hi' in person

Once again, thankyou for your review !

Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was in Melbourne for 2 nights and stayed at this hotel. Its good they serve breakfast because nothing else is around. You do have to fight off knats (flying bugs) around the food. The window in our room faced a multi-story parking garage about a yard from your window. What a view to look at! You definitely had to close your curtains at night! The lighting system is very inconvenient. The lights only work with your key card in the slot and the lights are on different operating switches all around the room. They never had a converter/adapter available for use.
My biggest complaint is we left the room around 1pm. I told the front desk to send someone up to clean the room. Also, I had put the clean my room sign on the door. Going through my luggage later that night, to my surprise, I find the sign under clothes in my luggage. Is this an invasion of privacy or what? What kind of message are they sending? You might want to reconsider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 'WTSGC'

Thankyou for taking the time to write your recent review about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am sorry to read about your recent poor stay at the hotel and will be certainly investigating the issues you have highlighted in your review.

Yes, the hotel has a carpark next to the building, however we have many rooms that face a number of direction, so our team on the front desk can always try to assist with guests room locations as much as possible.

Your comments on the housekeeping team member moving clothing, is very disappointing and most certainly not hotel procedure. I will investigate this asap !

Once again, I am sorry your stay with us was far from perfect. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can further discuss these issues with you in person

Kind Regards

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This turned out to be one the best overnight stays at an airport hotel we have had. It's a modern, fairly standard building adjacent to a multistorey carpark, and shuttle buses to the airport run every few minutes. We had a room overlooking the road, which was nicely furnished, impeccably clean, quiet and comfortable and with an excellent kingsize bed. A small, but smart, ensuite with a decent shower, nice towels and toiletries etc completed things.

The dining was pretty good, and the service friendly. Surely this is all you could need for an overnight stop before flying off elsewhere. Most accommodation near airports everywhere tends to be pricey and this was no worse in that respect than many others, although we thought it better value for money than some we have experienced. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 'Welltravelled63'

Wow, thankyou for this great review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel !

It is certainly our aim to ensure that we are providing our guests with the very best airport hotel experience possible, so I am very pleased that you have noticed this - thankyou.

Our guests rooms are always well received and combined with the shuttle service to & from Melbourne Airport, we are ideally positioned to be a first choice option from corporate & leisure travellers alike.

Once again, thankyou for your review. All feedback is appreciated, however your review has certainly put a smile on my teams face, as they work hard on improving our guests experience

Kind Regards

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night while on business. I found the room to be modern, clean and comfortable. Service was friendly and efficient. I ordered breakfast in my room and it was delicious. Given its close to airport location, it is not a destination hotel but ranks well for its target market. Definitely up there as a sound contender in the airport hotel market.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear 'BayBoyz102'

Thankyou for your recent feedback on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am really pleased that you had a great stay at the hotel and found the room to your liking and the team members friendly and efficient !

I agree that we are in a great location to Melbourne Airport, and with our shuttle service running 24/7, we are a perfect option for those travelling to/from their flights.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Rob Everett

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!