“Very pleased :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes

You added Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   7 Melton Highway, Taylors Lakes, Victoria 3038, Australia (Formerly Taylors Lakes Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taylors Lakes
Melton South
“Very pleased :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here as I needed a break from the kids! I was happy to be upgraded to a Spa room upon arrival. I was on the ground floor and was very pleased with the space and general feel of the room.

The only thing I didn't like was that my room was over powered by Cigarette smoke as I think the room I was in is near the Smoker's area. As an asthmatic, this was a concern.

The bed was very comfy.

Very short walk to the local shops.

I'd stay there again :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CornelisP, General Manager at Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Slowdell,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes. I am pleased you found our rooms and service of a high standard. I am sorry to hear that potential smoke from outside the building may have somehow found its way inside your room. Please ask for a second or third floor room in future so we can make sure this does not occur again.

Thanks again for staying at the Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes.

Eric Visscher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Chose the location as was close to reception centre where we were attending a wedding.Room was new,well appointed,couch,coffee table.comfy bed. good size lcd tv. Bathroom good. Didn't dine or breakfast at venue.Nice and clean. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the side near the road. Didn't notice any roadnoise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CornelisP, General Manager at Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes. I am pleased that you felt our rooms are of high standard. At the Qaulity Hotel Taylors Lakes we aim to deliver quality and great customer service and it is nice to hear that we are successful in doing so.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcomming you back soon.

Canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The motel room was clean, but sadly not with the spa bath that had been discussed at the time of booking. (Still paid spa price) Really quiet. With helpful friendly service staff.
VERY ANNOYED that despite 3 phone calls I still have not had my "pre-authorisation" payment of $450 reversed back to me!!!! I have been told by the staff that this is because my bank hangs onto it 5 working days!!! My patience is now at an end.
My bank and the VISA corporation have both advised that a "reversal" of funds back to me has NOT yet been completed by the staff........but will the staff listen oh no....... Think this might be something to speak to ACCC (the government agency that ensures compliance of the trade practices Act) about.
Cant get in touch with the Quality Inn customer service line or HQ either. I don't think I will recommend to the travel network where I work either. Poor service from the reception desk

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CornelisP, General Manager at Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Kymba,

Thank you for your recent comments in regards to your stay at the Taylors Lakes Hotel. I am pleased to hear you found the establishment clean and frienly.

I was sorry to hear about your comments in relation to the refund of a pre authorisation which was taken by my staff on your credit card. Whilst I am understanding of your frustation in regards to the pre authorisation taking 5 days to be returned to your account, I assure you that the hotel does not have any say in this matter despite attempts to request (major) banks to release these funds earlier. The hotel has nothing to gain out of this as the funds are held by your financial institution and not the hotel.

Whilst I will review the way the hotel takes pre authorisations on patrons credit cards, this is common practice in most (city) hotels. In general the pre auth would be for the accommodation cost plus a possible bond (for any incidentials such as phone, mini-bar, etc) x the number nights booked.

I understand that upon your departure rather than paying with the credit card provided you may have paid by eftpos. I also understand that you contacted the hotel in order to get the funds realesed and the staff would have advised that we can do this on your behalf by contacting your financial insitution but in order to do so need to provide them with your account statement showing the funds being held. Again this is controlled by your financial institution and not the hotel.

I hope I have been able to explain the process and appoligise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Slightly tricky to find, this smart and modern low rise hotel is the perfect place to stay if like us you need to be at the airport at an early hour.

We were slightly put off by the restaurant's location cheek by jowl with a slot machine saloon so opted to eat a basic supper in the Slices restaurant closeby.

Our room, long and thin, was smartly attired and very comfortable. A slight plumbing problem that caused the shower and basin to drain slowly did not detract. Electric doors led us next morning into a very light and airy breakfast room where a jovial and helpful member of staff was a little disappointed I think that we were unable to take advantage of a full
'break-fast' opting opting only for a light 'fast-break' of juice, cereal and coffee. We needed to get on the road.

Once we had navigated the exit onto the main road, the u-turn and the roundabout we were back on the main drag to the airport and despite the very best endeavours of the road widening works arrived in plenty of time to check in our hire car and catch the shuttle to the terminal.

If you're north or west of the city and heading out early - the Taylors Lakes Hotel is for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CornelisP, General Manager at Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments re the Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes. I am very pleased you found our hotel to be of value and situated at close proximity to Melbourne Airport. I was sorry to hear that you chose to dine at a facility away from the hotel despite the hotel offering two dining options: JBJ's restaurant and our Sports Bar. Whilst I acknoledge that our restaurant is situated next to our gaming room, it is a facility frequented by a variety of different type patrons with the majority not related to gaming. Both JBJ's restaurant and the Sports Bar have seperate entrances for that purpose.

Again thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back to Australia and the Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes at some point.

Myrtleford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently stayed for a family wedding with many others. The rooms were excellent, clean, comfortable, secure, large and really quiet, (I mean really quiet). No traffic noise or hall way noise which was great. Quirky bookcase in room, only decoration ( would have liked to read some of the titles) and plenty of pillow choices. Facilities were all very good and reception staff were excellent and tried their best to help out when asked. I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Had a side street king room with balcony with opening sliding door. Great no street noise and fresh...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jeniv,

Thank you for your recent stay and comments re the Quality Taylors Lakes. Our rooms were build with quality, comfort and sound proofing in mind. I was pleased to hear that we have been succesful in achieving this. When first trying out the accommodation myself I too was surprised about the decorative bookcase and many people have tried to remove the "books". There for this feature was not used in the latest extension. Your comments re our friendly, helpful staff will be past on to the staff.

We look forward to welcomming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Sevenoaks, Kent, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

A good choice of hotel without driving back into the city. This hotel suited us fine after driving The Great Ocean Road & before flying out of Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport. Clean, good shower & breakfast included.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CornelisP, General Manager at Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Cilla:-D

Thank you for choosing to stay a the Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes.

Thank for your comments in regards to your recent stay. Indeed we are only jus a short distance to Melbourne International airport and within easy commuting distance to the City.

I am pleased to enjoyed your stay and the quality of our establishment.

Kind Regards and thank you again.

Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Arrived on a morning flight into Melbourne from Dubai and was able to check-in already at 10 a.m. since a clean room was available. Could shower and change clothes and continue with my meeting program for the day. Very good room with plenty of space. Only problem was the WIFI which did not work properly due to lack of sufficient bandwidth and I could not use my usual Cloud services. I was not charged however, and most importantly the manager has later promised me to upgrade to permit me to book this hotel next time I am in Melbourne, which I look forward to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CornelisP, General Manager at Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes. I am very pleased to hear you find the service excellent and value for money. As per our recent email correspondence an audit has been done on our wireless internet at the hotel which concluded that there were some items which needed to be addressed, bandwidth being one of them. We are now in the process of adressing this. Further more our network is being increased throughout the entire facility including our function rooms (recenlty done) and our restaurant(s) (in progress). In the near future their will also be a boardroom/business centre avaialbe for use by corporate travellers such as yourself.

Thank you again for continuing to stay at the Qualtiy Hotel Taylors Lakes and for bringing the internet issues to my attention.

Eric Visscher

Been to Quality Hotel Taylors Lakes? Share your experiences!