“The best things about the hotel are the food and staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Manor

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Manor to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Manor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   669 Maroondah Highway | (Whitehorse Road), Mitcham, Whitehorse, Victoria 3132, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Mitcham
Brisbane, Australia
“The best things about the hotel are the food and staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The staff are very nice, the food fantastic, the bed was comfy, and that's about it for the positive reviews.
The room had a water leak, while they did offer to move me after my second complaint of water coming through the ceiling, I didn't bother as I only had 1 more night to stay.
When I next work in Melbourne, i'll be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I will keep this short. You will get the idea.
Check in-no receptionist. Ring the bell and once the very overworked (but pleasant) staff have served meals in the restaurant, they might find time to check you in. Sign on front counter tells you staff have other duties besides to check you in.
Room-Torn curtains, MOULDY BATHROOM CEILING, rusty broken fixtures in shower, can hear people in the bathroom in the next room, terrible water pressure or no hot water at all. Hair in bathroom not mine. Hair (not mine) in bed, toenail clippings (not mine) on the floor next to the bed. Bed was comfy, but pillows were flat as a tack. Airconditioning average.
Hotel-Plastic plants in foyer filthy with dust, stale cooking oil smell overpowers all the public areas where the damp smell does not. Terrible access to rooms from carpark and internally (no lift)
If I had a choice, I would have stayed elsewhere.

Room Tip: avoid the place
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mitcham hotels

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was prepared to ignore the terrible smell of cigarette smoke in the non-smoking room, the paint smell from the renovations, the pair of someone else's underwear I found in my bathroom when checking in, and the not-so-great price we were given as part of our large group booking, but the attitude of the duty manager to our group really sealed the poor impression for me.
Our recent trip to Melbourne for a basketball carnival with not only my son's team but others from our club was not quite as pleasant as promised - our group stays every year at the Manor, booking many of the rooms, holding at least one major dinner and eating breakfast every morning. Every year they have guaranteed bookings across the June long weekend. You'd expect that we might get a little special treatment and great prices, wouldn't you?
In past years we've had the use of a conference room as well, including for a team farewell on the final night. This year we were booted just prior to the farewell by the duty manager, who suggested that the room should have been locked, and that it had to be vacated so that the night team could come in to prepare the room for meetings during the week. A night team? On the Sunday night before a public holiday Monday? She also informed us she knew we'd done this every year - so we're not quite sure why, suddenly, just before our food was arriving, we weren't allowed to use the room.
Now most of us are reasonable people, and we accept that bringing in food and drinks from outside is a big ask, but since we'd done it every year before, we thought that it was okay. If it wasn't, then perhaps they could have told us when we checked in? After spending the kind of money we do there every year, we were very disappointed with the way this was handled, and the way we were spoken to. The short sighted, and frankly pretty rude way this duty manager dealt with us has probably resulted in the loss of repeat business, which, for a fairly low quality hotel on the outskirts of Melbourne, I would think is a big deal. Not only that, but the message will no doubt be spread throughout the junior basketball community, so other teams wont be rushing to take up the opportunity to book there.
I understand from longer term club members that they usually have a fairly good experience at the Manor, with the general manager being very helpful - not special, but a good location, and they have given us some special treatment. Such a shame that it was ruined this time by this sort of unpleasantness.

Room Tip: Hopefully the newly renovated rooms will be better and less smoky.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Goulburn, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Enough said.

Now I need to add a fee words to make the two hundred character minimum.

Looking around I notice a shower cap covering the smoke alarm. Clever. Those things can be really irritating if the place catches on fire.

I had an interesting shower earlier. The water automatically fluctuated between scalding hot and freezing cold.

If I wasn't in a bad mood from the dirty toilet I would have to say I have happily stayed in worse places. It's not all bad but they could certainly try harder.

• Stayed May 2013
Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for over a week during the summer (January) and it was a very pleasant, comfortable stay. The rooms are significantly more spacious than other hotels for the same price (although I believe prices have gone up since I stayed there). The location was good for private and public transport, with bus stops and a train station very close by. (It is not close to the city/CBD - I guess it would be about an hour away by train - but that was fine for me because I didn't need to travel to the city much). Short walk to good shops too. Overall, it was clean and did not lack any of the usual facilities, but for some reason housekeeping did not change the tea/coffee mugs except on request. That was surprising to me because there was no in-room facility to wash dishes and I thought it would be normal to replace used mugs with fresh mugs. Anyway the rooms are set out on the sides of a rectangle/square with Natalie's restaurant in the middle, with a very nice look and feel (lovely use of colours) and live music occasionally. The restaurant is lovely although vegetarian options were quite limited. The hotel also had free laundry facilities, which was great except there was only one washing machine and one dryer so I often had to wait a while for my turn. The internet service was reliable and undercover parking was good. I was happy to have stayed there and under similar circumstances I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is okay. My room was clean and the bed quite comfortable. I had a room with a door to the next room. I guess it can be opened to allow a family more space. I do not like these rooms as noise from next door comes through very easily. My advice is that at check-in you ask for a room without a connecting door. The breakfast is good. The $20 charge is not too bad I guess. Parking underneath was complimentary. In summary this hotel is reasonable value for money. I have stayed there at least two times and will probably stay there again when I am in that part of Melbourne on business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

When I checked into the room there was not towels in there. I requested one and it took at least an hour to come to my room. When I opened the cupboard to put my bags away there was bugs in there. The shower and bathroom were generally dirty. I would not reccommend this place, it was not any cheaper dispite being lower level accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Hotel Manor? Share your experiences!