“They really should clean the toilets.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Manor

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Manor to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Manor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   669 Maroondah Highway | (Whitehorse Road), Mitcham, Whitehorse, Victoria 3132, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mitcham
Goulburn, Australia
“They really should clean the toilets.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Enough said.

Now I need to add a fee words to make the two hundred character minimum.

Looking around I notice a shower cap covering the smoke alarm. Clever. Those things can be really irritating if the place catches on fire.

I had an interesting shower earlier. The water automatically fluctuated between scalding hot and freezing cold.

If I wasn't in a bad mood from the dirty toilet I would have to say I have happily stayed in worse places. It's not all bad but they could certainly try harder.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for over a week during the summer (January) and it was a very pleasant, comfortable stay. The rooms are significantly more spacious than other hotels for the same price (although I believe prices have gone up since I stayed there). The location was good for private and public transport, with bus stops and a train station very close by. (It is not close to the city/CBD - I guess it would be about an hour away by train - but that was fine for me because I didn't need to travel to the city much). Short walk to good shops too. Overall, it was clean and did not lack any of the usual facilities, but for some reason housekeeping did not change the tea/coffee mugs except on request. That was surprising to me because there was no in-room facility to wash dishes and I thought it would be normal to replace used mugs with fresh mugs. Anyway the rooms are set out on the sides of a rectangle/square with Natalie's restaurant in the middle, with a very nice look and feel (lovely use of colours) and live music occasionally. The restaurant is lovely although vegetarian options were quite limited. The hotel also had free laundry facilities, which was great except there was only one washing machine and one dryer so I often had to wait a while for my turn. The internet service was reliable and undercover parking was good. I was happy to have stayed there and under similar circumstances I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is okay. My room was clean and the bed quite comfortable. I had a room with a door to the next room. I guess it can be opened to allow a family more space. I do not like these rooms as noise from next door comes through very easily. My advice is that at check-in you ask for a room without a connecting door. The breakfast is good. The $20 charge is not too bad I guess. Parking underneath was complimentary. In summary this hotel is reasonable value for money. I have stayed there at least two times and will probably stay there again when I am in that part of Melbourne on business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

When I checked into the room there was not towels in there. I requested one and it took at least an hour to come to my room. When I opened the cupboard to put my bags away there was bugs in there. The shower and bathroom were generally dirty. I would not reccommend this place, it was not any cheaper dispite being lower level accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mitcham hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my own when starting a new job in the area, the girl on reception was nice and friendly and checked me in with no problems. I noticed hair in the bathroom on the shower floor and wall. I checked in quite late and was quite tired so after a shower I went to bed. Shortly after I was itching all over and small red marks were appearing it felt like I had spiderwebs brushing against my skin, it became overwhelming and I went to the bathroom I knew these weren't Mosquito bites as I know what they are like, I was positive it was bed bugs. I called the reception and the girl apologized and asked me to come down and get a new key to another room which I agreed to, I had to get dressed and pack the few things I had unpacked up, she arrived at the door and informed me I had been upgraded to the spa suite. I went to the room and again showered as I felt whatever it was was still all over me, after the shower I dried myself off with a towel which had more long hair on it. Then the phone rang and it was the manager stating he had inspected the room and it had no evidence of bed bugs and he has been doing it a long time, I believe he was implying I was pulling a scam for a free upgrade. 1: I was too tired for that 2: The supposed 'suite' was a dated dirty hovel and I preferred the previous room had it not been infested with fleas. I couldn't believe the rudeness to not even apologize. I got online and researched what I was coming out of my hair and off my body it was fleas, I had been in no contact with animals. Steer clear of this total dive and its manager its not even fit for a dog.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Nice enough hotel. Rooms spacious and clean. Only downside of stay was over zealous cleaner who knocked on our door everyday at 10.30 am to clean and was keen to say she wanted to be home by twelve. Annoying when you have a late night or just want to relax. Easy walk to station and airport accessible by airport bus eastside.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is in the middle of no where. The manager overcharged us. My husband used the voucher to stay at this place and were charged extra. Sneaky, dishonest!!!! it's not such a good deal when it's so far out from the city. we had to travel more than half an hour to the city. first couple of cab trips nearly killed us. very bad location. no lifts so you can to carry your luggage up three flights of stairs from the carpark. the only good thing is it has undercover parking but when they have events, which they often do, dont even think of getting a spot!! WHat gets me most is the dishonesty. WATCH OUT for their manager!! DODGEy!! BEWARE! Will NOT go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel Manor? Share your experiences!