“A Reasonable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Manor

Expedia.com Priceline.com
Quality Hotel Manor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   669 Maroondah Highway | (Whitehorse Road), Mitcham, Whitehorse, Victoria 3132, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Mitcham
Newcastle, Australia
“A Reasonable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is okay. My room was clean and the bed quite comfortable. I had a room with a door to the next room. I guess it can be opened to allow a family more space. I do not like these rooms as noise from next door comes through very easily. My advice is that at check-in you ask for a room without a connecting door. The breakfast is good. The $20 charge is not too bad I guess. Parking underneath was complimentary. In summary this hotel is reasonable value for money. I have stayed there at least two times and will probably stay there again when I am in that part of Melbourne on business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

When I checked into the room there was not towels in there. I requested one and it took at least an hour to come to my room. When I opened the cupboard to put my bags away there was bugs in there. The shower and bathroom were generally dirty. I would not reccommend this place, it was not any cheaper dispite being lower level accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mitcham hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my own when starting a new job in the area, the girl on reception was nice and friendly and checked me in with no problems. I noticed hair in the bathroom on the shower floor and wall. I checked in quite late and was quite tired so after a shower I went to bed. Shortly after I was itching all over and small red marks were appearing it felt like I had spiderwebs brushing against my skin, it became overwhelming and I went to the bathroom I knew these weren't Mosquito bites as I know what they are like, I was positive it was bed bugs. I called the reception and the girl apologized and asked me to come down and get a new key to another room which I agreed to, I had to get dressed and pack the few things I had unpacked up, she arrived at the door and informed me I had been upgraded to the spa suite. I went to the room and again showered as I felt whatever it was was still all over me, after the shower I dried myself off with a towel which had more long hair on it. Then the phone rang and it was the manager stating he had inspected the room and it had no evidence of bed bugs and he has been doing it a long time, I believe he was implying I was pulling a scam for a free upgrade. 1: I was too tired for that 2: The supposed 'suite' was a dated dirty hovel and I preferred the previous room had it not been infested with fleas. I couldn't believe the rudeness to not even apologize. I got online and researched what I was coming out of my hair and off my body it was fleas, I had been in no contact with animals. Steer clear of this total dive and its manager its not even fit for a dog.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Nice enough hotel. Rooms spacious and clean. Only downside of stay was over zealous cleaner who knocked on our door everyday at 10.30 am to clean and was keen to say she wanted to be home by twelve. Annoying when you have a late night or just want to relax. Easy walk to station and airport accessible by airport bus eastside.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is in the middle of no where. The manager overcharged us. My husband used the voucher to stay at this place and were charged extra. Sneaky, dishonest!!!! it's not such a good deal when it's so far out from the city. we had to travel more than half an hour to the city. first couple of cab trips nearly killed us. very bad location. no lifts so you can to carry your luggage up three flights of stairs from the carpark. the only good thing is it has undercover parking but when they have events, which they often do, dont even think of getting a spot!! WHat gets me most is the dishonesty. WATCH OUT for their manager!! DODGEy!! BEWARE! Will NOT go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
gold coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is on the highway and the rooms are large, but musty and old dated furniture that one would imagine should have been replaced many years ago.
My request were not met and the first room stunk and I complained and was moved.
There is nothing Quality about this place except its name, its noisy old, dated and very poor value for money.
The bed was minimal comfort and the chair looked like it had been picked up on the side of the road.
Poor service and poor quality rooms and the entire place was sub standard in my opinion, I was very surprised to have booked it from the Qantas site, but would never stay or recommend this place to anyone

Room Tip: Far better cheaper properties around I would not stay here for any reason,