“Going the extra mile” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel on Canterbury

You added Clarion Hotel on Canterbury to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel on Canterbury
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   326 - 330 Canterbury Road | Corner Springvale Road and Canterbury Road, Forest Hill, Whitehorse, Victoria 3131, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Forest Hill
Sydney, Australia
“Going the extra mile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed here a couple of nights because it was what the company provided for me as it was close to the office. Food was terrific and service was excellent. I had to rush to a supermarket to buy some stuff and they provided a car which waited for me until I finished my run. My thanks to Carol for the extra effort.

Food was always a big plus, both breakfast and dinner. Rooms were huge, with the jacuzzi probably meant for those who enjoy a hot bath (never got to use it since I was on business but then again the option is there). My only complaint would be a bit of a technology upgrade for the TV and internet. TV is still CRT and there is no wifi in the room.

There was also an iPod dock in the room, which was a great surprise. Overall a great experience with wonderful service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed here for business in May.

It is a great hotel with awesome staff who provide excellent service and attention to detail.

The rooms are nice and are up to a 4 star standard!

The food from the restaurant was really good, great selection also!

No hesitation in recommending this property!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed here on a business trip. Parking was abundant and check in was quick and efficient.

The room was cleaned and of a reasonable standard and although it faced on to Canterbury Road the double glazed windows meant that it was relatively quiet.

Unfortunately, this is another hotel that prices itself out of business with the extras. The minibar prices were ridicules, $4.00 for bottled water, as were the in-house movies...$15.95 to watch a movie which you can buy on DVD for not much more. Access to Broadband was also $15.95 for 1 days access via cable. Make sure you bring your own cable or it will cost you an additional $6.00 to purchase one. Needless to say, I didn't bother.

Room Service was very quick and polite. The food was hot and of average quality and reasonably priced.

While there were disappointing elements to this stay, I now know what to expect and would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Neenah, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Others booked this hotel for me because it was close to where I need to be for business. I can think of no other reason to stay here. The standard rooms are typical motel. Not bad, not great. TV is small old fashioned tube but worked OK. Charges for every penny ante item, internet, even basic amenities like a cheap razor. Room rates are quite high for what you get. Most rooms face the very busy roads and have very high level of traffic noise, which calms down somewhat at night. Service is OK and friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
HLS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

The room was beautiful and absolutely perfect for me as I got ready for my wedding.
Unfortunately, when I returned to my room at midnight with my new husband, house keeping had not been through the room. I asked the front desk for my garbage bin to be emptied and was handed a plastic bag and asked to bring the full bag back down. I also asked for fresh towels as both of us wanted to shower after our wedding, again I was given towels and told to bring the dirty ones down to the front desk. All of this while I was still in my wedding dress. At $250 per night, I actually expected fresh towels and an empty garbage bin. Bedsheets were obviously too much to even consider. I have had better service from a 2* roadside motel. Night staff on the front desk obviously wanted to be elsewhere, however day time shift were perfect.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

My experience of stay at this hotel was extremely good. Highly non obtrusive staff. I reached late in the night but the reception was with a nice smile.

Breakfast was good though I was not too happy with the pizza I ordered late night in my room.

Good selection of movies & channels on the television. Nice and cosy room in the winter season. Would recommend to business travelers for sure.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

I stayed at The Clarion with another 50 people from my company, and we held a 3 day seminar in one of the lovely confrence rooms.

I could not fault a thing. The meals were perfect, the beds were comfortable and the staff were friendly and welcoming.

I would definately reccomend the Clarion to anyone looking to hold a confrence or seminar, or even weddings and birthdays as the rooms are great and reasonably priced.

Hope the company sticks with the Clarion for next years seminar so I can come back all expences paid, however with the weeked rates for spa rooms being so cheap, I might have to pop back for a weekend of pampering sooner.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel on Canterbury? Share your experiences!