“Damn Dissapointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lemonthyme Lodge

You added Lemonthyme Lodge to your Saves list
Lemonthyme Lodge
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   770 Dolcoath Rd | off Cradle Mountain Road, Moina, Tasmania 7306, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Darwin, Australia
“Damn Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here in 1996 when I was on a Contiki tour around Tasmania and the thought and processes that went into this place were awesome so much so that I intended to stay here again when I visited tasmania, Well 18 years later I did and I wished that I hadn't.
We stayed in a treehouse, there is no TV in the room which I found odd. Staff were obnoxious especially when I asked for things to do at Cradle Mountain, "Their reply was we can not answer those questions as we have been told not too (odd again)"
The mattress on the bed was so thin I started getting back pain and cancelled my second booking.
At their restaurant I decided to have Salmon and it was extremely overcooked when I informed my waitress who might I ask took a long time to come and speak with me stated that all the other dishes were fine and was made to feel out order for complaining she then stated that I can get you to talk to the chef and sadly but true and in most cases I know what the outcome of this as I was once a chef. I left the restaurant was not offered a refund and was charge for the meal I didn't eat.
Staff were not aware of their alcohol stock as my partner order a Sparkling Wine only to be told 15 mins later they were out of stock and they only had wine left.
The lighting in our room was so dimly lit that both myself and partner struggled to see.
To access Lemonthyne Lodge you have to drive down an extremely narrow dirt road which is 8km long with sheer drop of so if this road is wet and some silly person is going to fast I would shatter to see what may happen.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Loved this place. Really worth the drive in, stunning scenery (if you're the passenger) as you descend into the valley. The Lodge is amazing. we booked a cabin - very spacious, warm, inviting and comfortable. Beautiful bush setting with excellent walking tracks. Had dinner in the restaurant and it was top quality and very reasonably priced. Breakfast (included in tariff) was good, but not up to the same standard as dinner.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

These are comfortable wooden chalets with older style decor. They have all the basics and are clean. The main building houses the Resturant which serves reasonably good meals $47 for 2 courses and $60 for 3, white wine $11-12 a glass. The cooked breakfast was good. The 8km gravel road to the lodge is winding and turning which has to taken slowly. From the turn off its 30 minute drive to Cradle Mountain.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Lemon thyme Lodge is in a lovey setting deep in the rain forest, certainly away from it all,
Our tree top cabin was delightful and nicely furnished and the food in the restaurant was good but a bit pricy. HOWEVER, beware when paying!, We had the very unpleasant experience of being charged three times on our credit card, but did not discover this until we had left. We have been trying for over 2 months to get a repayment. We sent 4 emails to the Manager,not one of which received a reply, and only after making 4 phone calls have we received SOME of our money back, but there is still a short fall of over £70. We feel the management is both sloppy and cynical,giving little regard to the reputation of their accommodation. Rob keeps saying "You have my word" but as far as we are concerned his word is worthless.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our group was offered a stay at the Lodge after a booking elsewhere fell through. Having not heard of Lemonthyme previously, we had some reseverations around food and the isolated nature of the site. That all disappeared within minutes of arriving!. The cabins were well set up and the restaurant offered a number of well priced menu options.
We took advantage of a number of easy walks around the site and the tracks are well laid out and interesting.
Much more private and "closer" to nature than the Cradle Mt accomodation.

Room Tip: Being of all timber construction, you can expect to hear a bit of creaking as people move about.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This lodge is certainly in the wilderness and the first drive up the 8km unsurfaced road can be a little daunting but it is well worth the drive. we were upgraded to a spa cabin and it could not have been more comfortable or cleaner. The main house is a huge log cabin and is absolutely enchanting warm and friendly. this is where the restaurant and reception are based. the dinner was excellent and good value. all the dishes we had on our two night stay we're very good but the cheese soufflé and the chocolate pudding should not be missed. breakfast was cooked to order and delightfully fresh.
it is about a 40 min drive to cradle mountain and an excellent option for this area

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a most enjoyable overnight stay here on our way to visiting Cradle Mtn, in a cabin with spa bathroom ($250 per night incl bfast). The weather was cold and rainy so we loved the open wood fire in the dining area as we had a delicious dinner....best cheese soufflé and lamb rump ever! The cabins are rustic and comfortable and in a beautiful setting overlooking huge tree ferns. There is a 7km drive up a dirt road to this hotel but that wasn't a problem and well worth it. The next morning we walked up the steep track to the Champagne Falls, an absolutely stunning walk through the forest and a must do even if you're not very fit. You can walk on from there to the Bridal Falls but we just saw the Champagne Falls. (An hour and a half walk return to Champagne Falls ). The staff were lovely.....we highly recommend this hotel. We left there and drove about 20 mins to Cradle Mtn. A wonderful mountain stay!

Room Tip: The rooms above the dining room were cheaper but you had to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Lemonthyme Lodge? Share your experiences!