Magical location...if you want somewhere to relax and unwind, I can think of few better places. The cottage rooms were wonderful, and the early morning vista from the veranda inspiring. Service levels on reception were impeccable. The restaurant, however, could have been better. The food was OK, but for this quality of establishment and the prices charged - especially when it is the only dining option within miles (!) - should have been better, and the variety should have been greater. Waiting staff were also poorly trained. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. Great, well signposted mountain bike trails around the hotel, although the available bikes would have benefited from being better maintained. Great kid's club and other facilities (although again little things like having cue chalk for the pool table were missed). Would I go again? Yes I would, although next time I would probably take some food and make use of the kitchen in the cottage for some of the meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a 12,000 acre working cattle station in the Scenic Rim of South East Queensland country just an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Spicers Hidden Vale offers an exclusive Outback Australian accommodation getaway. Spicers Hidden Vale offers boutique hotel accommodation in quintessential country cottages and is centred around a historic homestead. Spicers Hidden Vale is a complete getaway with everything from bushwalking, horseback riding and archery, to spa treatments and gourmet fine dining in Cotton's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Spicers Hidden Vale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Hidden Vale Hotel Grandchester
- Peppers Hidden Vale Grandchester
- Spicers Hidden Vale Grandchester, Queensland